• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My update from the Game

- As soon as I got inside the building I saw Dennis Scott (sorry no pic)- Free Hawks T-shirts for everyone- The new score boards at each end of the court are up and running, very nice- Arena wasn't full at tip-off but fans were loud and ready to go. By the 2nd quarter arena filled up quite nicely- The hawks have a major rebounding problem 58-36- I didn't like the body language of the entire team, particularly Smoove and Teague early in the game - too much complaining to the refs- Josh was a little too emotional with his teammates about the missed rebounds which caused him to not get back on defense a few times- Al takes waaaaay too long to decide what he will do with the ball- Lou wasn't aggressive in the 1st half- Devin willl be a good one if he stays healthy - not sure why he didn't get back in game- The hawks have a major rebounding problem 58-36- Where was Ivan - we needed rebounding- I thought we were supposed to play at a faster pace- Players looked lost on offense and defense- LD needs to speak up - to the refs, our guys were getting mugged with no calls- I would have rather seen Ivan play than Tolliver - we needed some toughness and some ooomph- No Morrow?- Deshawn played great- LD disappointed me with his rotations- The hawks have a major rebounding problem 58-36- The team did a good job of coming back from 14 down to take the lead, then the defense went up in smoke and Josh took that dumbass 3- The collective groan of the entire Arena when Josh took that three.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh...that took the momentum right outta the buildingTh...th...that's all for now folks...pics to follow.

Yea i watched the game and somethings i saw:- Korver is horrible she should not start-Stevenson did good with the threes and on D for the most part-Horford sucks he played PF most of the game and had 5 rebs (a damn robot)- we need height in the worst way no rebounds-LD sucks where did Harris Marrow and Johnson go ????- Smoove is the biggest baby I have ever seen-Williams did a pretty good job as far as scoring points-Smoove has to stop shooting jumpers No way should we offer him the max-Tolliver sucked-Teague messed up a lot but showed promise-Harris was a beast

• Like 1

Dissapointed with our defense. All of it. Where was our defense?

Zaza came in and turned things around. He was great for the defense.

Where were our two top dogs, J Smooove and Horford on defense?

Hawks picked up a ton of fouls and got mugged with no call.

It was a good game, except for the final score part. I am no basketball expert, but I think the Hawks have a rebounding problem. The crowd was the most into it of any game I've been to. Highlight of the night, wasn't the game, but the Walking Dead video and appearnce of the Walking Dead cast members. They even had a zombied Kevin Garnett in the vid, (Which I suggested in one my posts a while ago!!!!)

Edited by Randy

I was disappointed with the attendence. No rebounds from Al, No Ivan. Teague was out of control most of the second half and ALL of the 4th quarter. Lou is heads and shoulders better than Teague.Harris needs to get in shape to keep JT on the bench in the 4th quarter. DeShawn showed himself well. Where was Ivan? Where was Morrow? Korver brought Nothing, I say Nothing! Al plays p*ssy whipped, Josh mind is bad. Zaza is a keeper and we need to extend him. Zaza is a spark. Where is Ivan?I got three pluses:LouDeShawnZazaIt will be a Looooong season.Harris gets a first half plus.

Edited by Swatguy

Might be a crazy question but I was in section 120 and I wanna know is that 6th man section to right of me last night the fan section because they were loud from tip off to the end and represented well. As far as the game Tolliver sucks and stayed in the coners all night looking for 3's when he should have been in the paint. Agree that Horford was indecisive when he had the ball. Hawks ball rotation wasn't great, it was almost like you know the first option was low block throw it to smoove, that being said hawks did great getting back into the game lou was nice off the bench, I think he should start over Harris and Stevenson played nice off the bench. And lastly hawks fans gotta do better at being in the arena by tip. Arena didn't fill up until halfway through the 2nd quarter and actually get into the game, not only when we're making a come back. Must admit I was jealous of that 6th man section, they were into the game all night yelling "overrated" at Lin when he went to the free throw line lol. Hawks have potential they need to make some tweaks here and there and there and they should be fine.

J Smoove still loves his jump shot. He really loves his three point shots.Like a run away semi, we got plowed under by last year's 6th man whois now, after two games, the top all star player in the NBA. Great scorerfrom everywhere on the floor. Draws fouls like a pile of dung draws houseflies.Hits almost all his free throws. Leads the NBA in scoring by a big margin.Hawks couldn't even slow him down - - No chance of stopping him. He hadhis way with us like we were a cheap date. Hawks couldn't keep the ball outof his hands and could do nothing to stop his scoring. Don't get in his wayand he scores. Get in his way and he gets those "and one" calls and scoresthree points. Next time, we back off and he hits a three. This team missed a basketfull of three pointers in the first half. If they had madeall their three point shots before halftime, they would have scored 100 pointsby the time the buzzer sounded for the half.Without Zaza, our defense was mostly quick hands to steal the ball and causeturnovers, which we did a lot. Rebound? What's that? Never heard of it! Wereally needed some toughness under the basket but our toughness, Johnson,never saw the floor. Neither of our rookies made an appearance. I'm not suprised. Win now, don'tdevelop youth. Oh well. With new guys, it should take twenty games to shake everything out.Nineteen more to go. Hope we don't get buried before we get those twentygames under our belt. Lots and lots of work ahead.GO HAWKS!!P.S. Go Falcons tomorrow VS Cowboys!

Josh was his usual self. Can anyone tell me if the shot clock was running out when Josh shot that 3 towards the end of the game? LD was saying after the game that it was a good shot because he thought the shot clock was running out. He did say that he would have to review the tape and see if that was actually the case. He also said he thought a couple of other guys passed up shots before Josh shot it though.LD is going to have a tough time figuring out a rotation with these new guys and I predict some players are going to end up not happy with their playing time. I hope LD can get it figured out sooner rather than later. I really think Ivan should have come in the game, but I guess LD was trying to see what the other guys could do. This year will really show what kind of a coach LD is. If he can pull this off he deserves some real credit. Korver had a bad game, but I do expect him to get better. We all know he can shoot lights out so I think it will come. He was very frustrated with the fouls called against him and to that I say welcome to the Atlanta Hawks, get used to it. I don't understand how we keep hearing how much we will be running all the time and be very fast, dominating on fast breaks, blah, blah, blah. Where was it? I don't get it. I saw it some, but why not more of it? Houston seemed better at it than us.Props to Zaza, he had a good game.

• Premium Member

Josh was his usual self. Can anyone tell me if the shot clock was running out when Josh shot that 3 towards the end of the game? LD was saying after the game that it was a good shot because he thought the shot clock was running out. He did say that he would have to review the tape and see if that was actually the case. He also said he thought a couple of other guys passed up shots before Josh shot it though. LD is going to have a tough time figuring out a rotation with these new guys and I predict some players are going to end up not happy with their playing time. I hope LD can get it figured out sooner rather than later. I really think Ivan should have come in the game, but I guess LD was trying to see what the other guys could do. This year will really show what kind of a coach LD is. If he can pull this off he deserves some real credit. Korver had a bad game, but I do expect him to get better. We all know he can shoot lights out so I think it will come. He was very frustrated with the fouls called against him and to that I say welcome to the Atlanta Hawks, get used to it. I don't understand how we keep hearing how much we will be running all the time and be very fast, dominating on fast breaks, blah, blah, blah. Where was it? I don't get it. I saw it some, but why not more of it? Houston seemed better at it than us. Props to Zaza, he had a good game.

If you can't rebound, you can't run. Simple as that.

If you can't rebound, you can't run. Simple as that.

Big fallacy, you are confusing having an uptempo offense with specifically fast breaking off of stops. You can do one without the other which the Hawks did in posting over 97 possessions last night which would place them firmly faster than any SSOL team. The Rockets were just more efficient because they created 2nd shot opportunities and got to the FT line at a higher rate but any team can just as easily run off a made basket as much as a rebound.

• Premium Member

Big fallacy, you are confusing having an uptempo offense with specifically fast breaking off of stops. You can do one without the other which the Hawks did in posting over 97 possessions last night which would place them firmly faster than any SSOL team. The Rockets were just more efficient because they created 2nd shot opportunities and got to the FT line at a higher rate but any team can just as easily run off a made basket as much as a rebound.

So you don't think poor rebounding effects the ability to get out in transition at all?

So you don't think poor rebounding effects the ability to get out in transition at all?

It certainly didn't last night seeing as the Hawks still got breakneck possessions unless sporting 80s like 100+ possessions is the new benchmark for if a team can run. As I said, you can run off of numerous factors besides just rebounding so its fallacious to make that the crux of an uptempo team. Despite giving up an ungodly offensive rebound rate and more free throws the team wasn't exactly blown out now was it? That leads me to believe that the offense was good but the defense was terrible.
  • Like 1

It certainly didn't last night seeing as the Hawks still got breakneck possessions unless sporting 80s like 100+ possessions is the new benchmark for if a team can run. As I said, you can run off of numerous factors besides just rebounding so its fallacious to make that the crux of an uptempo team. Despite giving up an ungodly offensive rebound rate and more free throws the team wasn't exactly blown out now was it? That leads me to believe that the offense was good but the defense was terrible.

+1. We can effectively run on a make. The Suns did. We'd just much rather run on a rebound (obviously).

+1. We can effectively run on a make. The Suns did. We'd just much rather run on a rebound (obviously).

The Suns had an all world PG and a coach who actually did what he said he wanted to do...SSOL. LD says it but I have yet to see a sustained effort on playing at a faster pace (even last season). The team looked tentative and unsure too much last night. I do think as the season goes forward and the players get more comfy it can be better. Imagine if houston had half as many offensive rebounds we would have had 11 more possessions.

I recall hearing LD last year yelling at them to push it when they weren't. I also remember Teague saying he wanted to push it up the court fast, but they didn't always do that. He said LD wants him to push it when he gets the ball. I took that to mean that LD wanted him to lead them into a fast break more because they weren't doing it like they should. I also saw Devin Harris pushing it up the court last night when he got the chance. Josh gets the ball and most of the time just dribbles down the court. It ends bad most of the time. I'm not a Josh hater because I love a lot of what he does, but that is one the things that drives me crazy.I want to see them push it even on a made basket and last night they were in no hurry at all after a made basket. We have young and fast players and plenty of them to sub in and out so push it and wear out the other team some. Our half court offense hasn't been good for a long time and we need to score however we can. On a positive note, I do think our shooting will improve because we have some very good shooters. We almost won last night even though Al didn't play well, Korver couldn't hit a shot, and it was our first game with a lot of new guys.