• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Nuggets

lethalweapon3

Lawson was always a more natural pg going back to UNC. Teague was more of a scorer in college then looking to get others involved.

Very true, nobody thought Lawson could score efficiently, then he went off during march madness and in the Champioship game.

I do wonder how much further along Teague would be in his development if he had played more during his 1st 2 seasons.

• Moderators

Did anyone else notice, or was it just me?

Watched the game on ESPN. I am accustomed to watching the Hawks on Sports South

and everyone knows the announcers are of and for the Hawks. Bob and whoever he

has as a helper talk mostly about the Hawks.

ESPN, although supposedly not for either team, seemed to be a lot more about the Nuggets

than they were about the Hawks. They got excited with every run, bringing Denver close

to the Hawks. Then, again and again, the Hawks would pull away.

Nuggets got close, late in the game. Instead of panic and going ape, the Hawks took over

and made the plays down the stretch that cemented the victory! We're well above the .500

mark for the season, being a suprise to a lot of us. Our rookie JJ was back but saw no

playing time. No suprise there.

So, did anyone else think the announcers were leaning slightly to the Nuggets?

GO HAWKS!!

PS - About our announcer, Bob. When he does the Atlanta Dream games, his assistant

is much better than the Hawk helpers. She's a lot cuter, too

I just saw the fourth quarter and was shocked at how dull the broadcast was. It was a good, close game and the annoucers just talked like it was a pre-season game. I never like Barry anyway. But i've given up on getting any respect from the national media. I just say 'bucket'

Edited by macdaddy

I like Jon Barry. He the only one who pays attention to the Hawks(because he lives here and PLAYED WITH Josh). He use to bash us because of his hatred for Mike Woodson. I noticed that every since We didn't resign Mike Woodson he has been very nice about the Hawks.

Edited by PureGreatness

I like Jon Barry. He the only one who pays attention to the Hawks(because he lives here and PLAYED WITH Josh). He use to bash us because of his hatred for Mike Woodson. I noticed that every since We didn't resign Mike Woodson he has been very nice about the Hawks.

Yep on all accounts. The broadcast was pretty boring last night for such a close game, but I didn't mind Barry at all like I used to when he'd hate on us.

Their stats maybe close but the quality of play is far apart. I would take Lawson as our PG over Teague every day of the week

Agreed, Lawson is far better as a natural PG, but Teague has closed the gap A LOT since they were drafted. At that time it wasn't even a comparison and most of thought Teague would never be able to be our full-time PG of the future but he's getting there.

Teague cannot be expected to stop PG penetration all by himself. Some of it is his fault yes but not all of it. Too many times he gets hung up on a screen and it doesn't appear to me that his teammates are calling out the screen (I've seen it happen with the our other PG's too). With such a quick PG where is the help when a pick is set, I only saw Ivan succesfully do it and was able to stop Lawson from making the cut by stepping out hard. When Teague is AGGRESSIVE he cannot be stopped from getting in the lane either but too many times he is out of control. He needs to slow down on his shot attempt and concentrate more. He is coming along nicely. Him and Lawson's stats are pretty identical.

I know that Teague or any PG (as Barry pointed out) cannot really "stop" these other quick PGs, but it's the mental lapses last night and throughout the season with Teague that really bother me. Plays like where he twice helped off of Lawson and left him wide open for a 3 last night - those are just inexcusable when defending a guy having a near career night. And his lack of energy to start the 2nd half really bothered me, and apparently bothered LD as well since he pulled him due to that. Luckily Lou was able to steady the ship and be the best "PG" that he could be while replacing Teague there.

• Premium Member

Josh had a pretty damn good game too and he found Al for A LOT of his points. Both of them were terrific last night and along with Zaza were the big reason why we won. Stevenson also hit a lot of big shots and the guards all played pretty pesky defense forcing the Nuggets into a lot of turnovers. If it weren't for Lawson being unguardable unconscious we would have won the game easily.

Not to be a nit-picker because I think Josh had a good game too, but you do know that Josh only had two assists right? Granted, they were both to Al, but just sayin'.

Not to be a nit-picker because I think Josh had a good game too, but you do know that Josh only had two assists right? Granted, they were both to Al, but just sayin'.

Hmm it sure seemed like more than that... and I know he had some nice passes that either weren't made or weren't converted into baskets right away and therefore get an assist for.

Did anyone else notice, or was it just me?

Watched the game on ESPN. I am accustomed to watching the Hawks on Sports South

and everyone knows the announcers are of and for the Hawks. Bob and whoever he

has as a helper talk mostly about the Hawks.

ESPN, although supposedly not for either team, seemed to be a lot more about the Nuggets

than they were about the Hawks. They got excited with every run, bringing Denver close

to the Hawks. Then, again and again, the Hawks would pull away.

Nuggets got close, late in the game. Instead of panic and going ape, the Hawks took over

and made the plays down the stretch that cemented the victory! We're well above the .500

mark for the season, being a suprise to a lot of us. Our rookie JJ was back but saw no

playing time. No suprise there.

So, did anyone else think the announcers were leaning slightly to the Nuggets?

GO HAWKS!!

PS - About our announcer, Bob. When he does the Atlanta Dream games, his assistant

is much better than the Hawk helpers. She's a lot cuter, too

i was really insinsed by how espn (magic & company) practically said nothing about the hawks after their victory, they only kept hob knobbing about the next game. one announcer was pat on the back for saying the hawks would have a good season.