• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Realistic opinion on Smoove trade rumors...

T21

Finally I've read an opinion that in my view sums up Ferry's position on ever-evolving Smoove trade rumors... and believe it or not, it's comming from an ESPN writer! Here's the quote:

(asked what are the chances Smoove gets traded by the dead-line)

Windhorst: Seven pecent. After months of evaluating it, the Hawks have decided they are willing to move him. However, they seem to have a very narrow view of what they want. They are interested in protecting their cap space for the summer or getting quality young prospects. They are much more likely to let Smith walk in free agency or work a sign-and-trade than make a deal for a player like Kris Humphries.

Ferry must keep all avenues wide open and not become trigger-happy... If the right deal doesn't present itself, we're better off either re-signing Smith or make a sign-and-trade in the offseason...

Remember, if we're not able to attract D12 or CP3, then Smoove suddenly becomes next best available FA! Go figure...

Edited by T21

Ferry must keep all avenues wide open and not become trigger-happy... If the right deal doesn't present itself, we're better off either re-signing Smith or make a sign-and-trade in the offseason...

Remember, if we're not able to attract D12 or CP3, then Smoove suddenly becomes next best available FA! Go figure...

Here are 3 realistic opinions:

1. Most would prefer Al Jefferson over Josh Smith.

2. I would also rather pay a 24 year old JJ Hickson $8 or $9 mill per year before I pay Josh Smith $15 mill per year.

3. If anyone cast their hopes on a sign and trade, involving Josh Smith, they better not be holding their breath for it to happen.

I do agree with you that the Nets deal of (Humphries, Brooks, 1st) is not ideal.

• Moderators

IMHO, this IS what will happen. DF will let Smoove play out the season and then walk if he doesn't like what Ferry is offering. Then he'll use the available cap to make a play for Howard (most likely), Jefferson (less likely), and/or Iggy (much less likely). He'll resign Teague to about $8 mil/yr, resign Ivan ($1.5 mil), and Korver (3 yr, $15 mil, 60% chance he re-ups). Then he'll sign guys like Mayo, Brewer, a quality young center, and round off the bench with talent. This will be a very interesting offseason for sure!

• Premium Member

i dont see Smoove being moved. Like said above Ferry wants a lot and I believe at the deadline teams are just throwing stuff off the wall to see if it sticks. The season is almost over and teams are looking for a bargain deal using the fact that Josh can and probably will walk this summer.