• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"high level" Talk with the Rockets

yungsta

The Rockets are involved at a "high level" in talks for Smith, a league source tells Ken Berger of CBSSports.comBut Houston has leverage: cap room this summer to land Smith as a freeagent. Limits the assets they are willing to part with now.Teams pursuing Josh Smith deal believe Atlanta is still searching for a trade scenario that ships him to the Western Conference.Houston is still lingering in Josh Smith talks, but Atlanta's desire forAsik and Parsons is a non-starter for Rockets, sources tell Y!Remember, Houston has the space to sign Smith as a free agent this summer. They're not going to overpay to trade for him now.Atlanta has to do the best possible deal for Smith. That could still bethe Bucks in the East, but again, Hawks prefer to send him West.

either one of parsons or asik is good enough for me with filler maybe include thomas robinson too

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

Houston's website looks pretty perfunctory about the Sacto trade in its aftermath. Matter-of-fact press release gives the impression of "hey, don't get too comfortable with these new guys!"

Also, are the Rox seriously going to settle for Patrick Beverley as the backup point guard? Whether or not it's a Smoove deal, something else is going on in Clutch City.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Houston's website looks pretty perfunctory about the Sacto trade in its aftermath. Matter-of-fact press release gives the impression of "hey, don't get too comfortable with these new guys!"

Also, are the Rox seriously going to settle for Patrick Beverley as the backup point guard? Whether or not it's a Smoove deal, something else is going on in Clutch City.

~lw3

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Maybe Thomas Robinson ends up here as part of a Smoove trade?

Josh Smith for Thomas Robinson, Chandler Parsons, and Francisco Garcia works under ESPN's Trade Machine. The Rockets have no expiring contracts at all as far as I can tell, but Garcia only has a year left after this one, and we'd still be getting back about $3 million less in salary than we're sending out. Personally, I wouldn't really mind a deal like this given our lack of leverage, although I'm not sure Robinson will ever produce close to the level at which he was drafted.