• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What to do now? 2013 Free Agents

AHawks89

OJ Mayo, Vazquez, Earl Clark, Chris Paul, Dwight, Bynum, Jefferson, Brewer

Those are the names that stand out for me. Try & sign Smoove to a friendly contract, then go after CP3 and Dwight. If they won't come, then fill out the roster with those guys mentioned above and make a move for 2014 FA.

Edited by AHawks89

OJ Mayo, Vazquez, Earl Clark, Chris Paul, Dwight, Bynum, Jefferson, Brewer

Those are the names that stand out for me. Try & sign Smoove to a friendly contract, then go after CP3 and Dwight. If they won't come, then fill out the roster with those guys mentioned above and make a move for 2014 FA.

Pekovic is better than Mayo, Vazquez, Clark, Jefferson and Brewer and with Dwight and Bynum having injury issues it's arguable about whether he's better value than them too.

• Like 1

Do us fans have patience to wait another year of rebuilding?

What's the alternative - jump ship. If we haven't already when things were as bad as they were with owners fighting why now?Posted Image

I agree. With the list of all those big name Free Agents.. I'm SURE at least ONE of them will like to come here. And if that happens, then other big name FA's will want to come to the ATL.

All we need is a respectable big name FA, and I'm sure others will float over here too.A lot of athletes love the city of ATL, and most of them live here in the off season.

the free agency class is garbage. None of the realistic options will take us out of mediocrity. It looks like it might be another 40 win season Unless ferry sets us up for a tank for the 2014 draft class that has some franchise changing talent.

We have to do something drastic we cant be a 40 win team forever.

Tanking and grab a lottery pick, then use that cap space to bring in big FAs?

I see what you're doing there Danny Ferry - the Spurs way!

yea that would be something drastic that can get this franchise moving forward. that would bring some excitement to the team. We just cant deal with the same 40 win bullshit anymore with the same mediocre talent.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

Who do we go after to fill out this roster? What do we do? What would YOU do?

Not interested in anything that the those two teams have to offer. Not even Dirk. O.J Mayo is a considerable value player with a PER of 17.14 and being paid $4.0 mil, but he is a FA this offseason and that Hawks could sign him outright for $6.5 mil/yr. I'd rather be greedy and have chance to get everyone.

C - DH12 ($18 mil/yr)

PF - Horf ($12 mil/yr)

SF - Josh ($14.0 mil/yr)

SG - Mayo ($6.5 mil/yr)

PG - Teague ($6.5 mil/yr)

That's a damn good starting unit to make a title run with. $57 mil invested in the starters with $7 mil left before tax ($7 mil includes Lou and JJ12 taken out of the $13 mil left). Retain Korver or Zaza with the MLE (Up to $5.15 mil for up to 4 years), resign Ivan ($1.5 mil/yr), pick up Scott's option ($750,000), and fill the rest with draft picks ($3.5 mil/yr). A$G ponies up small amount of tax money. Maybe will get a little lucky and Josh and Dwight will take less to make it work easier... The X factor is Teague willing to put off getting paid like Holiday and I wonder how much Morrow being gone would affect DH12. For our draft picks, I'd have it as a SF, 3rd PG, 3rd C, and a PF.

Total investment:

$57 mil for starters

$18 mil for bench

$75 mil for the team, lux tax starts at $70.4 mil, so in essence Lou is our tax guy.

F*ck trading anybody, be greedy and get everybody. Posted Image Worse to worse, we end up with egg on our faces, but STILL have a ton of cap space for this and future offseasons.