• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RealGM: NBA, NBPA Close To Agreement On HGH Testing

Admin

This is great and I sure hope that the tests will be accurate and that the league won't protect certain players. If they don't then Lebron James better start getting clean soon!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226575/NBA-NBPA-Close-To-Agreement-On-HGH-Testing

The NBA and National Basketball Players Association are close to an agreement to test the blood of players for human growth hormone, according to sources.

Testing for HGH could begin as soon as the 13-14 NBA season.

NBA players are currently subject to six urine tests a year, two of which occur in the offseason.

Staff attorney Ron Klempner is directing the union on an interim basis. Sources insist HGH testing can proceed regardless, and the union can and will implement HGH tests before resolving its leadership issues.

David Stern expressed optimism at the All-Star Game that HGH testing would soon be agreed upon.

Meh, if cyclists can beat the best and strictest testing then I don't see why it would be difficult for NBA players. Kobe probably has his German scientists whip up a new batch as we speak.

I don't think too many NBA players would be willing to go through all that it takes to do the blood doping thing, but there's probably a few who would.

People make jokes, but Al Horford and Josh Smith could be lumped right in with guys like Lebron and Howard.

Anyway, HGH testing would be the last thing that the NBPA would be worried about.

Widespread marijuana testing however . . .

I don't see it with Al and Josh as neither of them are physical freaks of nature when it comes to their build and when you consider Lebron was like that in high school and Howard was pretty damn big too, it makes me question it.

• Like 1

I don't see it with Al and Josh as neither of them are physical freaks of nature when it comes to their build and when you consider Lebron was like that in high school and Howard was pretty damn big too, it makes me question it.

Remember, the benefits of HGH has to do with recovery and energy, and not necessarily to bulk up and get huge, like with steroids.

Al came back from an injury that we all thought would put him down many months, only for him to come back in the playoffs and arguably be our best player in the games he played in. Josh is another guy who recovers very quickly from injury, although he hasn't had a major injury yet (( knock on wood )).

Remember, the benefits of HGH has to do with recovery and energy, and not necessarily to bulk up and get huge, like with steroids.

Al came back from an injury that we all thought would put him down many months, only for him to come back in the playoffs and arguably be our best player in the games he played in. Josh is another guy who recovers very quickly from injury, although he hasn't had a major injury yet (( knock on wood )).

HGH absolutely aids in bulking up as it adds strength to ligament and tendons and allows you to lift more weight and helps you to recover quicker. Steroids build the muscle, but without HGH you're likely going to tear something.

Al recovered in the timeline that was expected and actually stayed out past when the Dr said he could play so that he could build up some strength and flexibility. You could visibly see that Al was much smaller in the playoffs than what we normally see him looking like so I highly doubt he took anything illegal.

• Moderators

Bear in mind that the NBA can only randomly test any single player twice during the offseason, four times during the season, and the NBA has a cap on total offseason tests as well. If you look at the people who have played in the NBA this season, the total cap means an average of 1.33 tests per player during the offseason. So in combination with the masking agents available, it isn't exactly the most rigorous testing procedure.

I do wonder if basketball is headed for its PED moment in the near future. LBJ and D12 seem the standouts but regardless of whether they are doing anything I don't doubt that it is going on in pretty decent numbers.