• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was there an offer for Josh Smith you would had accepted?

PaceRam

It's looking like to me more and more that the Hawks will lose Josh Smith this offseason and get nothing in return. Hopefully, they can do a Sign & Trade (not holding my breath) or come to a reasonable contract offer (but, I am not sure either side is too excited about him re-signing with the Hawks) and I think it will be pretty disappointing if he leaves and the Hawks get nothing in return (I guess at least they will be able to use his cap space to sign another player or two). I know I read there were some trade rumors around the trade deadline but I am just wondering if there wasn't at least one or two offers that the Hawks might be regretting they didn't accept. Do you think the Hawks did the smart move and hold on to Smith or would you have traded him to the highest bidder?

He's going to want more than he's worth. Some team looking

for the exciting things he can do will pay it and the Hawks will

have the cap space that will leave.

Or, we will overpay. We hope not.

Lol I think hawks should get that one ball boy from the raptors that took a full court shot attempt to the face. Not sure if Hawks could afford him though.

• Moderators

Nothing I would have been felt great about. Would much rather get something in FA than to trade for cap-space eating scrubs. Cannot wait til the offseason!

Yep. None of us will know the true offers that were made, but the only things reported in the press were craptastic deals where we would acquire bad non-expiring contracts and very minor positive value assets. Better to just let Josh expire and walk than to take anything I have seen reported.

• Like 1