• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks hire Darvin Ham

ryandauwalker

I have been to Charlotte many times. I used to go to Carowinds many times as a kid and teen being I stayed only 90 mins away in Spartanburg, SC. My very good friend lived their. I have another female friend who stills lives there. She owns a Gym. I was just there last year. Nope, I still don't care for it. Not live enough for me. :-) Oh and I'm 41 years old. :-)

You're a city boy though lol
  • Like 1

Look for Kenny Atkinson to be retained as well. This is a coach that Danny Ferry personally brought in last year to be on Larry's staff. I was reading something earlier that talked about this. It said that Danny likes Kenny's background in international basketball. Kenny credits his development as a coach to the international style of game, that he states is more focused on fundamentals and skill than the game here is.

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/story/Hawks-staff-organizational-style-coming-?blockID=911587

Kenny Atkinson, whom Ferry brought in last season, is expected to become one of the Hawks' few coaching holdovers from the Drew regime. Atkinson has the European bent the Hawks are likely to see more of in their continued makeover.

Atkinson spent three years as director of player development/assistant coach for Paris (France) Basket Racing Club from 2004-06, and in the summer of 2006, he worked for the Republic of Georgia’s national team in the exact same roles. He also has spent time working at camps in Italy and was an assistant on the Ukraine’s national team at the European championships in 2011.

http://www.adidaseurocamp.com/kenny-atkinson/

Prior to starting his coaching career in 2004, Atkinson played professionally in Italy, France, Germany and Spain from 1991 to 2004. He had tryouts with several NBA teams, including the Knicks in summer 1991.

“I would say my formation as a coach is more from an international standpoint,” says Kenny. “That’s where I learned to coach, and there’s a big emphasis on skill work and shooting; an up-tempo and open style that’s predicated on good skills.”

• Like 1