• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Potential Trade Targets (only expirings)

Dragitoff

Fair enough sir. Discussion on you or tanking in this thread is closed as far as I see it. Good day to you. Posted Image

Fair enough, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was a great idea but I had a different idea for it. It wasn't a derailment but in my mind, if you can't get CP3/D12, tank is your best option if you look at the options available. My bad.

For me, this thread would be like, what deals can get for contracts that can get us more assets. I seen it completely different. It can be like that sometimes. Look at me and Dolfan. He said Drummond is tremendously skilled. I was like, not even, he is tremendously talented but he's not skilled at all. We just had different terminology but were saying the same thing. You have to remember on a message board, your idea can be great but someone else could have a completely different interpretation about it.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was a great idea but I had a different idea for it. It wasn't a derailment but in my mind, if you can't get CP3/D12, tank is your best option if you look at the options available. My bad.

For me, this thread would be like, what deals can get for contracts that can get us more assets. I seen it completely different. It can be like that sometimes. Look at me and Dolfan. He said Drummond is tremendously skilled. I was like, not even, he is tremendously talented but he's not skilled at all. We just had different terminology but were saying the same thing. You have to remember on a message board, your idea can be great but someone else could have a completely different interpretation about it.

I understand that. I'm really not a confrontational person. I'm just like everyone else that believes what I believe and believes strongly in it. I don't; however attack others for their opinions, or at least I try not to. I'm human and do it just like everyone else.

I do think there are other viable options to building a contender though. Players like these guys are another possible avenue. Guys that have skillsets we lack and with the new CBA and LT penalties, teams have more incentive now than ever to move these types of guys for pennies on the dollar. There is some value in these guys even though most of them are on contracts greater than they'd get in today's market.

I trust Ferry to put a good product on the floor and not throw away the future just to keep the consecutive playoff streak alive only to bow out annually in the 1st or 2nd round.

I understand that. I'm really not a confrontational person. I'm just like everyone else that believes what I believe and believes strongly in it. I don't; however attack others for their opinions, or at least I try not to. I'm human and do it just like everyone else.

I do think there are other viable options to building a contender though. Players like these guys are another possible avenue. Guys that have skillsets we lack and with the new CBA and LT penalties, teams have more incentive now than ever to move these types of guys for pennies on the dollar. There is some value in these guys even though most of them are on contracts greater than they'd get in today's market.

I trust Ferry to put a good product on the floor and not throw away the future just to keep the consecutive playoff streak alive only to bow out annually in the 1st or 2nd round.

You ask me to not talk about tanking here so I won't, I will say that the options are limited if you want to continue to glue the leak from the roof instead of buying a new roof when the roof is pretty damaged.

Edited by Leadership

Are there any other options you see out there we might be interested in? Any feedback on these guys listed?

For that amount of money, I like Gortat a little too. That's a reasonable amount. Most likely less than we'd get another starting quality center for (outside of possibly Splitter or Dalembert-both of who are questionable starters).

Are there any other options you see out there we might be interested in? Any feedback on these guys listed?

For that amount of money, I like Gortat a little too. That's a reasonable amount. Most likely less than we'd get another starting quality center for (outside of possibly Splitter or Dalembert-both of who are questionable starters).

What is your goal? If it's like KB21 which is to stay the same and hope for some type of trade and development of a mid-late 1st pick then I have options for you?

One would be to sign Iggy. Glue player. Smart. Great defender. Can play PG at times. Poor offensively. Ball dominate. Good overall player. He can help you and would be a decent trade asset when he exp.

What is your goal? If it's like KB21 which is to stay the same and hope for some type of trade and development of a mid-late 1st pick then I have options for you?

One would be to sign Iggy. Glue player. Smart. Great defender. Can play PG at times. Poor offensively. Ball dominate. Good overall player. He can help you and would be a decent trade asset when he exp.

That's a good question. Obviously the long-term goal would be to win a championship by building a team with smart signings and player development both working in tandem. I think Iggy is a Bud system kind of guy. My only question with him is his shooting and age. Will we be good enough to a.) sign him to a team friendly deal b.)surround him with players that will maximize his skill set?

He's a free agent though, so for this thread, I'm only looking at trade targets with one year left on their deals. I excluded guys that have multiple years because one thing Ferry has stated a few times is he's trying to leave flexibility for 2014 as well. Does that mean he's going all-in on LeBron if he decides to opt out? Possibly? He has ties with him. In any case, I'm only discussing trade targets with 1 year remaining on their current deals.

That's a good question. Obviously the long-term goal would be to win a championship by building a team with smart signings and player development both working in tandem. I think Iggy is a Bud system kind of guy. My only question with him is his shooting and age. Will we be good enough to a.) sign him to a team friendly deal b.)surround him with players that will maximize his skill set?

He's a free agent though, so for this thread, I'm only looking at trade targets with one year left on their deals. I excluded guys that have multiple years because one thing Ferry has stated a few times is he's trying to leave flexibility for 2014 as well. Does that mean he's going all-in on LeBron if he decides to opt out? Possibly? He has ties with him. In any case, I'm only discussing trade targets with 1 year remaining on their current deals.

Okay, that's much tougher than the opposite given our assets but I'll try.

A. He wouldn't sign a team friendly deal with Atlanta. We are in the middle. No one does that to teams in the middle.

B. No. He needs to be a max role player like what Leonard is in San Antonio. Atlanta can't offer him that. Lack the personnel and talent.

That's really tough. Because players who could help the team is already helping their team. Gortat would get a 1st round offer. Not worth it for Atlanta.

Gasol is over the hill

PP is likely getting traded to Cleveland

Granger is staying. They are literally Granger a legit backup PG away from contending.

Hump is a bum and Brooklyn is trying to flip him for a legit PF on a bad contract like Boozer.

Deng is not available for just cap space.

Marion is available but the issue is, will he be available if Dallas can't get CP3?

Andy is available but for a 1st. Not worth it.

Hawes and Ridnour won't help and they aren't available for just cap space.

It's hard, teams aren't willing to trade quality players for nothing unless it's to avoid the LT.

Ferry from all my readings has all options open. He wants to be in the market for 2013 and 2014. You just never know, maybe Lebron comes to ATL lol.

Edited by Leadership

I believe Bogut is another expiring with 14 M per year. I really would like to have him in our team assuming that he will eventually get into shape :-).

The way he looked like the Bogut of old in the playoffs, makes you wonder if GS wouldn't keep him around at least one more season. He looked really good in the playoffs.

Gasol is over the hill

He averaged 13.7PPG, 8.6RPG, 4.1APG, 1.2BPG in an injury-plagued season in an offense that was completely wrong for his skill sets. I think he's still got a little left in the tank for a team that plays to his strengths (ball movement, inside-out game).

The way he looked like the Bogut of old in the playoffs, makes you wonder if GS wouldn't keep him around at least one more season. He looked really good in the playoffs.

He's not going no where. With him, GS is a potential contender and to just get him for capspace is not happening. You could get Bidenris or Jefferson for cap space and maybe a pick but that doesn't fit your goal.

He averaged 13.7PPG, 8.6RPG, 4.1APG, 1.2BPG in an injury-plagued season in an offense that was completely wrong for his skill sets. I think he's still got a little left in the tank for a team that plays to his strengths (ball movement, inside-out game).

Terrible PnR defender, lateral quickness is shot, can't protect the rim or the paint, and soft as tissue. Once again, what benefit does he bring to your goals? You want a good team and player development. We are playing vets and we aren't any good. What's the plan here from your perceptive?

Edited by Leadership

Terrible PnR defender, lateral quickness is shot, can't protect the rim or the paint, and soft as tissue. Once again, what benefit does he bring to your goals? You want a good team and player development. We are playing vets and we aren't any good. What's the plan here from your perceptive?

To score easy baskets in the half-court set. To make smart plays. To play basketball the right way. In other words, the anti-Hawks from the past few years. Again, we disagree here and that's fine. Personally, I think Gasol is a legit option for the type of player we want here for the future. Would I want him a little younger, cheaper and a better positional defender? Of course, but could we do worse? Definitely.

Also, all this Gasol is soft stuff is more media driven than anything. I'm sorry, but a guy who is one of the best post scorers in the game spends time in the blocks taking hard shots. That's not a soft player. Guys like Josh Smith who have the athletic ability and talent to score at will on the blocks, but settle for jump shots are the soft ones. I know you're not advocating re-signing Josh, but my point is I think the Gasol is soft is a bit overrated because he's not the toughest positional defender in the league.

To score easy baskets in the half-court set. To make smart plays. To play basketball the right way. In other words, the anti-Hawks from the past few years. Again, we disagree here and that's fine. Personally, I think Gasol is a legit option for the type of player we want here for the future. Would I want him a little younger, cheaper and a better positional defender? Of course, but could we do worse? Definitely.

Also, all this Gasol is soft stuff is more media driven than anything. I'm sorry, but a guy who is one of the best post scorers in the game spends time in the blocks taking hard shots. That's not a soft player. Guys like Josh Smith who have the athletic ability and talent to score at will on the blocks, but settle for jump shots are the soft ones. I know you're not advocating re-signing Josh, but my point is I think the Gasol is soft is a bit overrated because he's not the toughest positional defender in the league.

I watched LA a lot over the last three years. I think his impact is shot. He does somethings well but he has trouble getting you that easy basket. He is slow as molasses and his defense would be horrible. Honestly, the Al Jefferson signing makes more sense then something. Pau Gasol would have been a quality addition in 2007. In 2013, not so much. Gasol being soft is not media driven, he's extremely soft.

I don't see anything that makes us better. Just the same or worse but not much worse.

Maybe your goal should be to resign Jeff and Josh and bring someone like Monta along for the ride.

Edited by Leadership

• Moderators
I'm a little hazy on the details, but with the Lakers LT situation, can they make a sign and trade? I know I've read where New York can't make any sign and trade deals because of the LT. Also, I just saw on the twitter feed that Denver has put the 27th pick on the market. May not be a bad idea to try and acquire that pick.
No, LA Cannot accept any player in a Hawksquawk-beloved sign and trade deal. If we took in Gasol, it'd be for picks or nothing. Also, since LAL sent out both of their first round picks for this draft and the next in the Nash deal, they can't give us any incentive to help them make signing Dwight a little more easy on the books. $70 mil for three guys hurts. I love seeing the Lake Show suffer...As for that Denver pick, send em our two second rounders Danny! Three first rounders would great for us.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought Gortat would do well here.

I know he and Nash ran the PnR well together. How well does he pass? Is he considered a good BBIQ guy? After playing against Dwight all those years in practice and he's done so pretty good in game situations, how good of a positional defender is he? I know he doesn't block tons of shots (I think he's got a little T-Rex in him), but that doesn't mean he can't defend well. I honestly don't know much of his game personally as Phoenix isn't on TV a lot anymore.

I know he and Nash ran the PnR well together. How well does he pass? Is he considered a good BBIQ guy? After playing against Dwight all those years in practice and he's done so pretty good in game situations, how good of a positional defender is he? I know he doesn't block tons of shots (I think he's got a little T-Rex in him), but that doesn't mean he can't defend well. I honestly don't know much of his game personally as Phoenix isn't on TV a lot anymore.

He did well with Nash. They did okay with the PnR. He did a great just finishing and setting screens.

His passing is below average

Average BBIQ

Solid positional defender and can protect the paint at times, struggles at defending the PnR.

He is solid on D.

He is an above average center.

He did well with Nash. They did okay with the PnR. He did a great just finishing and setting screens.

His passing is below average

Average BBIQ

Solid positional defender and can protect the paint at times, struggles at defending the PnR.

He is solid on D.

He is an above average center.

At less than $8 million, that seems like a solid target for us then doesn't it if we miss out on D12 and our goal is not to tank but to build a smart team the way of solid signings?

Same here. I haven't seen him play in a while, but I got a good impression before. Ferry will get us a few lunch pail guys and maybe make a minor splash. Mark Bradley seems to think Al Jefferson is da troof.