Shooting Guard/Small Forward

Buzzard

So much for Denver paying Iggy the max:

After the Denver Nuggets expressed an unwillingness to match the Sacramento Kings’ $14 million-a-year proposal to free-agent forward Andre Iguodala, Iguodala’s reluctance to immediately accept the four-year, $56 million offer caused the Kings to withdraw the deal late Tuesday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/03/report-kings-offer-iguodala-56-million/?ls=iref:nbahpts

Looks like the top SG ( Evans ) and SF ( Iggy ) prospects are still out there.

Edited by Buzzard

Speaking of SG/SF types, Jon Ingles is drawing interest from some teams. Reports say he's a solid defender, shooter, and a point-forward type. 6'8 austrailian. Maybe we should give him a look. Low risk, potentially solid reward for a role player

I don't have a problem with bringing anyone in for a look. We need to look in all directions with all our empty roster spots.

Makes sense. I can't get excited for Evans or Iggy. Apparently, these GMs feel the same. Both good players who can help considerably in the right fit, but I think they fall into that wide category of treadmill guys that we've seen enough of the past 6 seasons. We need guys, no matter the signifigance of role, who step up their production during playoff time, not step down or stand pat.

Edited by benhillboy

Makes sense. I can't get excited for Evans or Iggy. Apparently, these GMs feel the same. Both good players who can help considerably in the right fit, but I think they for into that wide category of treadmill guys that we've seen enough of the past 6 seasons. We need guys, no matter the signifigance of role, who step up during playoff time, not step down or stand pat.

Neither is a max payer which is what a lot of fans speculated on with Iggy. If all Iggy wanted to do was get paid, he should have been all over that Kings offer.

Honestly I'd take a flier on Mayo over anyone else who is available. Since it looks like he isn't going to available much longer the list of names at the 2 and 3 aren't anything to write home about.