• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Plan B?

PaceRam

If, the Hawks fail to sign Dwight Howard (which, seems very likely to me) what (who?) do you think their Plan B is? I have read rumors about the Hawks tanking this next season (which, seems very unlikely to me!), going after Andrew Bynum, Andre Iguodala, Omer Asik & Jeremy Lin, etc as either FA signings or S&T. Personally, I hope they get Dwight Howard(!) but if they don't who do you want them to get and who do you think they will end up getting? I have a bad feeling that they end up doing the S&T with the Rockets for Asik & Lin (I would not mind the Hawks getting Asik but I would not be thrilled to see them get Lin and his contract).

Hawks have the leverage when it comes to a sign and trade with Houston for Josh Smith (assuming after they get Howard and need Smith on Howard's request). If Howard really wants Smith, and Houston does whatever it can to bring Howard in, I'm asking for Parsons and Asik. I know Rockets fans will decline that but Hawks don't have to trade Smith to Houston just for Howard to be happy.

a front court of Parsons/Horford/Asik would be nice.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 2

Hawks have the leverage when it comes to a sign and trade with Houston for Josh Smith (assuming after they get Howard and need Smith on Howard's request). If Howard really wants Smith, and Houston does whatever it can to bring Howard in, I'm asking for Parsons and Asik. I know Rockets fans will decline that but Hawks don't have to trade Smith to Houston just for Howard to be happy. a front court of Parsons/Horford/Asik would be nice.

pretty sure DH will drive a hard bargain or Josh would have gone at the last trade deadline