• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No more interest in Nikola Pekovic?

PaceRam

Can I assume now that the Hawks have put their interest in signing Monta Ellis that they have decided not to pursue Nikola Pekovic? If that is true I think that is too bad since I think Pekovic would have been a great addition to the Hawks (IF, they could have offered him a contract the Timberwolves wouldn't match!).If the Hawks don't sign or trade for a Center this offseason what are the possibilities of both Lucas Nogueira & Mike Muscala making the Hawks final roster next season?

Millsap for 9.5 makes no sense if we wanted Pekovic at C and Horford at PF

Except there are 144 minutes between the SF, PF and C spots and Millsap can play minutes at SF and PF while Horford can play minutes at PF and C, which would give Budenholzer the ability to be incredibly flexible with his lineup.

Except there are 144 minutes between the SF, PF and C spots and Millsap can play minutes at SF and PF while Horford can play minutes at PF and C, which would give Budenholzer the ability to be incredibly flexible with his lineup.

Millsap is bigger than Horford; You want to line Horford up at SF?

Millsap is a PF that was signed to play as one. If Ferry wanted Horford at PF; He would of signed Bynum and Pek before Sap.

Millsap hits 0.2 3pt shots per game :-) Plus he is not quick enough for defense at SF position. He is at best a stretch PF not a SF.

There's more to playing SF than hitting 3's. But Millsap has been a good 3pt shooter, he just doesn't take many. When I say that he'd get minutes at SF I'm talking maybe 10-12 minutes there a game at the most.

Millsap is bigger than Horford; You want to line Horford up at SF?

Millsap is a PF that was signed to play as one. If Ferry wanted Horford at PF; He would of signed Bynum and Pek before Sap.

yeah... except that Millsap has actually played SF in the NBA and done well at it, in limited minutes.

Yeah Millsap can't play SF...

I'm assuming Ferry knew we wouldn't get Pekovic before signing Millsap?

Except he has, and has done it well.

Some of you guys like to type stuff without actually doing any research and it's really unfair to the casual fans here.

There's more to playing SF than hitting 3's. But Millsap has been a good 3pt shooter, he just doesn't take many. When I say that he'd get minutes at SF I'm talking maybe 10-12 minutes there a game at the most.

yeah... except that Millsap has actually played SF in the NBA and done well at it, in limited minutes.

Except he has, and has done it well.

Some of you guys like to type stuff without actually doing any research and it's really unfair to the casual fans here.

I see that he's played a few games at Small forward and his stats dropped? I'd love to see where he played small forward well (not being a d*ck, I would genuinely be happy if he could play it)

But things haven’t completely gone Millsap’s way over stretches. His role has switched from power forward, his preferred spot, to small forward and back. His scoring has dropped from a 17.3 average two years ago to 14.3. His shooting percentage, which over his career sits at 52 percent, is at 46. In the past 10 games, it’s at 40 percent.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55416309-87/millsap-favors-game-team.html.csp

Unless we BACKLOADED it. #ducksheadtoavoidwhiskeybottlefromhawksfanatic

Hawkfanatic said we could not do that earlier today and made fun of the writer who brought it up. I'm not sure the ends and outs but he knows his CBA stuff. Edited by coachx

Hawkfanatic said we could not do that earlier today and made fun of the writer who brought it up. I'm not sure the ends and outs but he knows his CBA stuff.

yeah I know, that's why I said it was to raise his hackles.

I see that he's played a few games at Small forward and his stats dropped? I'd love to see where he played small forward well (not being a d*ck, I would genuinely be happy if he could play it)

But things haven’t completely gone Millsap’s way over stretches. His role has switched from power forward, his preferred spot, to small forward and back. His scoring has dropped from a 17.3 average two years ago to 14.3. His shooting percentage, which over his career sits at 52 percent, is at 46. In the past 10 games, it’s at 40 percent.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55416309-87/millsap-favors-game-team.html.csp

Millsap had a +1.0 NET48 with him at SF. Granted he didn't play a lot of minutes there (only 3% of the teams minutes last year), but when he did play there, the Jazz were better with him than they were without him. He also had a nearly identical PER at SF as he did at PF.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12UTA11.HTM

Except Al doesn't really like playing C. If we keep putting him there he will be gone after his contract is up. This team has needed a center for so long, we just keep patching and patching. I am really not getting what Ferry is doing if in fact he doesn't get a C and gets 4 guards.