• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings for Teague heating up?

JohnnyCASH

Y'all think Teague will ever drop 50+ in a game? (Serious question)

why would he need to if he has players around him and he is supposed to run the offense. I remember the game when Jeff went on a scoring binge( no it wasn't 50 pts) and when Josh eas asked about it he said said yeah, but he needs to get his teammates involved...smh.

Y'all think Teague will ever drop 50+ in a game? (Serious question)

No, but I don't consider that to be something I want my PG thinking about doing anyway. I'd much rather my PG try and get 20 assists rather than 50 points.

• Like 1

I know it's nice when you see Jennings go off and get 50 and stuff but honestly, I don't ever want Jennings to be the teams #1 option at all. Same for Ellis but more more for Jennings. His iso scoring is really bad. Sure he can score and at times create his own offense but it should only be when it's needed, it shouldn't be demanded from him or he will look like he did in Milwaukee. Jennings is a PG who needs to be in Teague's role and needs to be around shooters and a PnR big. You can't make him one of your main scoring options at all. That's just not his game even if he has the ability to do it at times. Think Josh Smith.

Agreed. But the point is he CAN if needed. His strengths seem to be speed on both ends of the floor, PnR execution, and shooting. I don't think the ability to put up huge amounts of points is a bad thing. What if Korver and Lou are off. We will need BJ to take the reigns.

I can't base judgment on a player off of their time in Milwaukee. Had Ellis not been run out of Golden State and only had 4 years of experience I'd give him the benefit of the doubt too for what happened in Milwaukee. Sometimes players need a change of scenery and I think Jennings would be a nice fit with the culture of this team. Horford and Millsap can take him under their wing and teach him how to be a real professional. But it's going to come down to money. For 7-9 million I'd be fine with Jennings. Anything more and I'd have to say no.

That may all be true but why not give Teague the same opportunity with the new coaching staff and these teammates and culture?

That may all be true but why not give Teague the same opportunity with the new coaching staff and these teammates and culture?

Teague has had his chance under Ferry. At least that may be Ferry's view on things and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's seen enough of Teague. I certainly wouldn't mind Teague coming back if we can get him for 4-7 million per season, but I really worry about Teague's ability to take the game seriously enough to really lead a team.

• Like 1

Teague has had his chance under Ferry. At least that may be Ferry's view on things and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's seen enough of Teague. I certainly wouldn't mind Teague coming back if we can get him for 4-7 million per season, but I really worry about Teague's ability to take the game seriously enough to really lead a team.

I think it's more of coaching. If Ferry has seen enough of Teague and Bud doesn't want him I'm cool with that. I don't want to overpay for either Teague or Jennings.

I think it's more of coaching. Teague hasn't had his chance with Ferry's coach though. If Ferry has seen enough of Teague and Bud doesn't want him I'm cool with that. I don't want to overpay for either Teague or Jennings.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think it's more of coaching. If Ferry has seen enough of Teague and Bud doesn't want him I'm cool with that. I don't want to overpay for either Teague or Jennings.

Coaching has become some type of excuse on here. Why didn't we keep Smoove, we got new coaching. What about Zaza, we got new coaching. My problem with Teague is his skill-set, it is his ability. Teague is a talented player and I felt LD did a good job putting Teague in favorable situations for Teague even if it came at the expense of Smoove and Horford.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Wow, he uses the glass a lot. Which is a good thing.

Jennings is also the best jump shooter out of Teague, Ellis and Jennings. He's quite a bit better at it too, but he's putrid at finishing inside. I think that can be coached though so that's why I'd take a shot on him since he's got the balls that you need in your PG.

• Like 1

• Moderators

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PSSSHHHRRR87" data-cid="637470" data-time="1373305910"><p><p>We would likely be the ones to give up a pick. TeagueI don't think either team gives up a pick if this deal went through without other players being involved.

Bucks traded Mbah Mboute to Kings, my speculations are that they will resign Jennings and we will get stuck signing Monta. BARF

That money is a good move. LRMM had a down year for them last year and they have a lot of bigs like Henson that need minutes. What this does is it frees up cap so they can add some more players as well.