• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Racine columnist: Jennings seeking $12 m

sturt

How much of a hypocrite could you be my god. You say a you don't want an ineficiant chucker, you say players won't just "change their stripes" changing teams. I promise you Jennings will come to Atlanta and shoot sub 40% like his CAREER average. Monta has a history of good shooting so that's why I can get behind signing him.

Jennings has been in the league for 4 years. Ellis has been in the league 8 years. Jennings has shown a hell of a lot more of a willingness to change his game since coming into the league than Ellis has shown in his entire 8 years. But please don't go trying to make claims like I don't know that he's inefficient because I'm well aware of that and have made that point known in several posts. And maybe Jennings won't ever be the player that he could be, but I'm willing to pay him $8 million to try and find out a hell of a lot sooner than I'd be willing to pay Monta $12 million already knowing he won't change.

Jennings has shot better than 40% (41.8) only once in his career. 29.8% against Heat in the playoffs. Just keep Teague at this point.

Jennings can at least shoot the 3 (38% for him vs 29% for Ellis last year) and likes to get his teammates involved (29% of teammate baskets for him vs 27% for Ellis last year). Plus he's 4 years younger than Ellis and will probably end up costing 2-4 million less.

Jennings can at least shoot the 3 (38% for him vs 29% for Ellis last year) and likes to get his teammates involved (29% of teammate baskets for him vs 27% for Ellis last year). Plus he's 4 years younger than Ellis and will probably end up costing 2-4 million less.

Honestly I don't want either Ellis or Jennings. I prefer Teague at a modest salary any day over those two.

• Like 1

I would take Jennings over Teague for the Hawks any day, especially if they are throwing in another player or pick. It really could be a win-win for both teams. Teague would be Josh Smith-less and only has to worry about Mayo as the primary ball handler. Jennings goes to a bigger market in terms of city and plays with someone like Al Horford. Hope this gets done.

I'd give Teague 5x9 and call it a day.

Why? We don't need to tie up 9m in salary for 5 years. Hopefully Dennis will be our starter in a couple of years.

• Like 2

Why? We don't need to tie up 9m in salary for 5 years. Hopefully Dennis will be our starter in a couple of years.

Maybe he meant 9 million over 5 years? If so sign me up! Anything more than 4 / 28 or 5 / 35 and we're getting ripped off.

At the end of the day, I can see the sign and trade involving Zaza, so it would be something like Brandon Jennings (and hopefully a 1st) for Jeff Teague and Zaza (to match salary as I believe Jennings will get more).

This has been happening alot recently where a signing (Zaza) ends up being part of a sign and trade (the Iggy move looks like it will be one).

Ferry, do this trade instead of signing Ellis.

Edited by RWF