• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud in Free Agency

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

How much say do you think he has had this year in free agency? Do you think he was the one that wanted Millsap/DMC? My idea is that maybe Bud was the one behind Millsap/DMC and maybe that's why those signings seemed to come out of left field. Maybe those guys were per request if we didn't get Dwight. I know Danny said that he was looking forward to the back and forth between him and Bud, so it does make me wonder about the DMC/Millsap signings... We know that Danny loves analytics and Coach Bud comes from the Spurs brand of ball. Kinda seems that those signings had a lot to do with Coach Bud. Bud and Ferry seem to love Horford too... What do you think?

I would assume so, especially with the PG position. Not looking like he wants Teague to be his PG. I just hope it's Jennings, not Ellis.

I think Horford is safe for the time being, both seemed to have referenced his name at one point in time (Bud for one of the many reasons why he accepted the Hawks' job).

• Premium Member

How much say do you think he has had this year in free agency? Do you think he was the one that wanted Millsap/DMC? My idea is that maybe Bud was the one behind Millsap/DMC and maybe that's why those signings seemed to come out of left field. Maybe those guys were per request if we didn't get Dwight. I know Danny said that he was looking forward to the back and forth between him and Bud, so it does make me wonder about the DMC/Millsap signings... We know that Danny loves analytics and Coach Bud comes from the Spurs brand of ball. Kinda seems that those signings had a lot to do with Coach Bud. Bud and Ferry seem to love Horford too... What do you think?

I think Millsap is an analytics guys wet dream. For a few years now, i have heard the analytics guys drool over Millsap and talk about him in the same circle as Chris Paul and KG. However, he's not that good based on the eyeball test. My first reaction to us getting him was YUCK. Not because of him but because of what he represented. He represented that DFerry will pile up guys with good analytics on this team and won't mind duplicating skillsets when he does it.

When you ignore Skillsets, you do the same thing that BK did when he thought we didn't need a pG. Chris Paul, Felton and Deron were too short. When he finally gets a PG he gets a gunner who can't run an offense or a guy who doesn't play defense.

So, I think Ferry and Bud are like

Posted Image

Some very good ideas, but it will take time to transfer over and your main thing will never be mainstream.

Bud, having been a coach for these guys know them and what they are

capable of. Also, he is probably going to use the same type game plan

that he had in his previous job..

Bud, having been a coach for these guys know them and what they are

capable of. Also, he is probably going to use the same type game plan

that he had in his previous job..

Larry Drew probably will too. If Milwaukee clowns us and gets Teague for Jennings the laughing league wide will be even louder.