• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has signed a 4 year / $32 million offer sheet with Milwaukee

Admin

I don't understand the people who wanted to get rid of Smoove but now want Jennings/Monta. At least Smoove could rebound, pass, and play great D.

Honestly, he was in the same position as Horford. He cost too much to put him in the 6th man role and his defense was much too important to our team. It was more of Horford and him not meshing than anything else.

I don't know why people want Monta but Jennings want is simple. His strength match our strengths. If we are building around Horford, why not get the PG to make his live a lot easier.

Smoove like Jennings is a man with extreme talent and extreme flaws.

• Premium Member

I'm not a huge Jennings fan, but supes is right. Failing to compare his situation in MIL to what he'd be with in ATL is wrong. He'd be in a better place here.He would be a good fit here, this would be a good time to change and hope he refocuses his game. The psychology aspect in sports is often overlooked. These players have feelings and certain things that can trigger good or poor play. It's life for them too.I will say..Teague at 8 is better than Jennings at 12. I'll take Teague for 4 million less, but if the price is the same I'll take Jennings.

• Like 1

I thought we had a competent coach in Budenholzer, surely he will do a better job than Boylan or Skiles did coaching up a Brandon Jennings. If Brandon was coming to play with Woody or Drew I would be a little more worried. Maybe Budenholzer can rein him in a little bit. I'll stop here because I may be getting a bit optimistic to post on these boards.

I thought we had a competent coach in Budenholzer, surely he will do a better job than Boylan or Skiles did coaching up a Brandon Jennings. If Brandon was coming to play with Woody or Drew I would be a little more worried. Maybe Budenholzer can rein him in a little bit. I'll stop here because I may be getting a bit optimistic to post on these boards.

Coach Skiles wasn't the issue in Milwaukee, I seen Brandon improve his game overall in Milwaukee, the problem was his personnel. The Bogut injuries took away their best player at setting screens and after that Milwaukee had to rely on BJ to be their #1 option on offense. It failed. They tried to bring in Ellis but Ellis and him couldn't mesh and it looked terrible. Milwaukee just didn't fit. It had nothing to do with coaching. He really improved under Skiles.

Sorry I'm no computer who memorized each posters wants......though I do value your opinion over most here.I enjoy reading your thoughts.

I wasn't criticizing you, just saying you probably hadn't seen my other posts about it. I feel like I've kind of beaten this topic into the ground over the past week and just want it to be over with.

I also enjoy reading yours and value your opinion the same way.

Coach Skiles wasn't the issue in Milwaukee, I seen Brandon improve his game overall in Milwaukee, the problem was his personnel. The Bogut injuries took away their best player at setting screens and after that Milwaukee had to rely on BJ to be their #1 option on offense. It failed. They tried to bring in Ellis but Ellis and him couldn't mesh and it looked terrible. Milwaukee just didn't fit. It had nothing to do with coaching. He really improved under Skiles.

Just so you know... I'm all for Jennings here in Atlanta. Unfortunately I think we will be getting stuck with Ellis

I think Ferry and Bud will let Teague go to Milwaukee and attempt to bring in Jennings at a great price. Ferry and Bud have talked about wanting competitors in the past. That's what Jennings is. He has that fire in him. Teague seems too casual for our GM and coach's liking. Jennings is much more of a pure point guard with the competitive spirit in him. He was playing with garbage in Milwaukee and was able to take the Hawks to 7 games in 2010. There were a couple of games where he literally took over. I think you put him in the right system with better talent and his game flourishes.

• Like 1

Haha and I am glad that you are! I hate to lose members when they follow players elsewhere and I'm glad to see you stuck to your word!

AHawks89 and I def had a couple of heated battles about Smoove but its nice that we both are Hawks fans first and foremost no matter who is on the team. I know losing Smoove was tough to swallow, AHawks, but glad you are still with us my friend. Edited by Ruckus
  • Like 1

Definitely match this deal. He's worth more now, and probably will improve now that our PF will make an outlet pass.

• Like 2

errybody gonna be shocked when woj says we signed Mo Williams tomorrow

That would mean we might have a high dollar trade up our sleeves so that might not be too bad. Not that I'm pro Mo but I'm pro trading for a quality player to relieve a team of a financial issue...