• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Orlando fans want to make a deal.....for Walter

Admin

I thought you might like to read this thread from RealGM on the magic board....

In reply to:

Author Time to make a trade

Max Power

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-13 01:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it seems official to me that we need to trade for a big man. Griffith has not made one damned field goal in 3 summer league games thus far. Hunter hasn't been much better, although he has an injury so he'll get some slack. To me Humphrey has done well and so has Parker, I am now jumping on this kid's bandwagon, Magic should be signing this guy he is averaging a pretty good points average and getting about 4-5 assists per game also, Jeryll Sasser has sure earned another shot as well. The african guy (no insult intended, just can't remember the guys's name) should also get a closer look, he may not be our answer up front but may be better than Declercq. Now is the time to get on the phone with the Warriors, get Fortson in here. Also try to get Olowakandi to sign small this summer then max him out next. Thats just my opinion what about you guys.

"Pirates?, Thats not the image we want at Long John Silvers"-Max Power

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howard Mass

Posted: 2002-07-13 02:03

If Orlando wants to get candi, it will have to be next summer.

Orlando doesn't have the caproom to get him this year and if they did, the clippers would just match the offer because he is a restricted free agent.

Right now, it's looking like Olowokandi will take the Clippers one year tender offer of $6,061,213 because Sterling won't max him out and there aren't really any teams with caproom to make him a significant offer.

If he does this, he is a restricted free agent next summer and Orlando is only off by about $1.6 million to pay him his maximum first-year salary.

This very well may be enough to lure him to Orlando.

As for Fortson, he would just cut into the caproom.

The best thing for Orlando is to sign some bigs to one year deals and make a run at Candi next offseason.

Draft Consultant

kobefearst-mac

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 11:26

Olowakandi isn't worth the maximum, this year or next.

I've made my feelings known about Fortson.

The only trades I'd like are for young players- Wilcox, Swift etc. Otherwise we should just try and sign Oakley, Skinner, Trent etc.

Olumide Oyedeji is the guy's name. And I think he should be signed as well.

KORL

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 13:33

I agree Kandi is not worth a MAX contract or even close to a max contract. Unless he imporves dramatically this season.

I completely disagree with Kobefearst about Fortson. Although he alone will not solve all our problems he is a piece of the puzzle.

I agree Wilcox and Swift would be GREAT trades for Orlando. Skinner NO, Trent, NO.

Olumide Oyedeji could be decent IF he translates Summer play into Fall production. I am for signing him as he is better than what we have currently.

Howard are you for saving caproom for 2003 no matter what? Do you think Kandi is our best option next year?

jamlando

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 15:41

I completely agree with KORL. Kandi is not worth the max. I say sign Ojedii (sp?), sign Oakley, trade Declerq & Griffith maybe for some cash to sign FA PG.

Howard Mass

Posted: 2002-07-13 20:02

I also don't think he is worth the max yet but he is a good young bigman and has the potential to breakout next year.

Remember, there aren't a lot of balls to go around in L.A. so his stats might not show.

Who actually watched last year? Does this team have anyone that can score in the low post? NO!

Candi could at the very least give them a trhreat.

I think 9 mill might be enough to nab him next year if he takes the clippers one year tender.

In the meantime, Olumide Oyedeji would be a nice pickup and Orlando possibly could sign Oakley or Scott Williams instead of blowing the caproom on Danny Fortson.

Draft Consultant

KORL

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 20:38

Do I think Kandi would help the Magic yes do I think he is worth 9 million per year... NO way! People have been waiting on Kandi to bloom since he was drafted. He is soldid but will never be a star in my opinion and that kind of money should be spent on a star.

I would rather see Nazr Mohammed and Fortson and a starting PG for that kind of money. We would have a bench then and would balance out our backcourt.

Howard Mass

Posted: 2002-07-13 20:50

Unfortunatly, that is what it will probably take to get him.

My question to you is, how would Orlando pull off Nazr, Fortson, and a starting PG?

Also, would it make Orlando a championship team? No!

Draft Consultant

KORL

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 22:14

G.S wants to get rid of Fortson he probably could be had for a draft pick and lesser player/s.

We would need to trade Mike Miller and a and draft pick for Nazr. The PG in my opinion could be J.McInness and he is a FA or maybe a sign and trade.

How can you say getting Fortson, Nazr and McInness not get us to the Eastern Conference Championship. Who would be better? We have to work with what is available this year and next.

Let me turn the question back to you. What do you think has to happen this year and next to make us a "championship team"

kobefearst-mac

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-13 23:11

I don't like Mike all that much, but I think he's worth more than Nazr.

A healthy Grant Hill will be better than all three of those players combined.