• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford: "It's not the ideal scenario for me" (playing Center)

GameTime

I hate to say this because I agree with Horford 100% but everyone assuming Paul is the trade bait....what if he's here to play PF and Horford is the trade bait to get first rounders or a bigger center? Horford and his contract have to be one of the best value packages in the NBA and it could be what Ferry is going to try and use to rebuild the franchise.

Millsap isn't going to get us a good 1st round pick but he could get us a Center, most likely Asik.

Horford is my favorite player but i agree I don't know why this is such an ongoing issue. There are plenty of other 'undersized' guys playing center in this league. In fact the whole concept seems out of date. I bet there are more starting centers Horford's size than 7 foot,280.

The problem isn't the willingness of the Hawks to do something about it. The problem is the lack of talented 'true' centers. It makes no sense to throw someone out there just because they are the right size when the team is better playing undersized. And we sure don't want to spend our wing money on a 7 foot stiff.

He's not a center. His skill-set is of a PF. It's like putting Dirk at center, it just doesn't make sense.

I think Asik will be in a Hawks uniform in early November. He will be mad about the lack of minutes behind Howard. Hawks have lots of pieces to offer including draft picks.

I think Atlanta can't trade Millsap till December.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

DF addressed it during Summer League, he wants to get a center so Al can play PF - but he also said he wants the RIGHT center to fit into THIS system, not just any C.

I understand Al's position, I was hoping we got THAT center - we ALL want that center - but sometimes you need to just shut it an play ball.