• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Power Rankings: Pacers rise above early parity

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Whether it's true parity, good teams needing time to figure things out, or bad teams not knowing that they're bad yet, the strange results of Week 1 did not go away in Week 2. We saw the Celtics beat the Heat, the Lakers knock off the Rockets, and the Suns and Magic continue to win games they're not supposed to. View the full article

• Moderators

I think we're better than about 3 or 4 teams above us, but whatever. The Nuggets loss was pretty bad. I don't see the Top 4 changing. Start the Conference Finals now.

That's exactly what i think and really is the sad state of affairs of the nba. Barring injuries the top 3-4 teams you could pick with 99% certainty when the season starts.

• Moderators

I have a feeling that were gonna hover right between 10-15 for the whole season. Anyone else check out Paul Millsap's PER right now? He has the 7th best PER stat in the league at 27.33. Night and day from J-Smoove (whose at 14.16). Horf's at 23.36 and Teague is at 19.19. Korver at 17.93. I know it's still early, but this is impressive stuff.

• Like 4

I have a feeling that were gonna hover right between 10-15 for the whole season. Anyone else check out Paul Millsap's PER right now? He has the 7th best PER stat in the league at 27.33. Night and day from J-Smoove (whose at 14.16). Horf's at 23.36 and Teague is at 19.19. Korver at 17.93. I know it's still early, but this is impressive stuff.

Nice. Many take PER with a grain of salt, but I like it. Al and Sap seem like theyve been together for years. Our differential and +/- is stupidly robust with them both on the floor. Kyle squeezes more out of his poor physical metrics than 95% of the league. My favorite players are always the ones whose minds are their most powerful on-court attribute.As far as Josh, what can we say that hasn't been said already. Count our blessings that he's moved on and send our sympathy to Piston fans. I wish Drummond and Monroe get out of there and go to a team where they'll make as big a difference as their talent suggests. Edited by benhillboy