• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Putting Ferry Under the Microscope with Horford Injured

MrMeltdown

In the offseason signed older players that are supposedly system fits with little upside as bigs.

Brand

Antić

Ayón

Millsap was the big get this summer.

Has had 3 `1st rd picks in 2 years and not one of those guys has made a significant contribution to this team.

Let's see how well Brand, Antić, Ayón, and even Millsap fit the system now that our best player is down. The truth is we need better players to become the Spurs even when we are playing with a full deck. Now I think it will be proven that we need better players to be as good as we were with Al.

To put it simple and plain Ferry needs to acquire some real talent for this team. Too many wasted picks and cap space so far. The lack of talent is Ferry's fault.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 3

The Hawks best player goes down with a "freak" injury and it's all Ferry's fault.Gotcha.

Not even close to what I am saying. If Ferry had been better at identifying and acquiring true talent this loss would not hurt so bad is what I am saying

Bad picks? Who knew you can determine the entire careers of guys that have only played a handful of games and a guy who hasn't even played in the NBA yet. Of course I guess if you have an unrealistic vision that everyone we draft should start and be all stars right away then you will more than likely make a silly thread like this...

Posted Image

• Like 2

Bad picks? Who knew you can determine the entire careers of guys that have only played a handful of games and a guy who hasn't even played in the NBA yet. Of course I guess if you have an unrealistic vision that everyone we draft should start and be all stars right away then you will more than likely make a silly thread like this...

Posted Image

Yeah, the herd of sheep have arrived. One person calls it silly, the next concurs, they all give each other likes and the world is right. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

• Like 1

Here's why I think your thread has failed. Ferry came in with no expectations of fielding a winning team immediately. We were cap strapped with Joe Johnson and still had Josh Smith on our hands. Ferry's actions were clear from the get go. Rid ourselves of the huge caps and set ourselves up for the future (3-4 years from his initial hiring). So he went out and drafted European guys who can sit over in Europe gaining valuable playing time and when the Hawks are ready, we can call them over. On top of that, we've rid ourselves of the horrible contract of JJ and signed a much more all around F in Paul Milsap in probably the steal of free agency.

Nobody expected the Hawks to contend for a title. Every reasonable and understanding Hawks fan knew that from the get go. We now have an incredible amount of cap room, with some insanely great draft picks (if we lose out and the Nets continue to lose),we could POTENTIALLY wind up with two top 5 draft picks in this years class if the season goes South for the Hawks with Horford out. As long as the Nets continue their losing ways, the Hawks will become instantly better after the draft.

• Like 1

Please enlighten us all on the transcendent talent that Ferry should of drafted in 2012 and 2013 that would have us in championship form. Can't wait...

Edited by ViperXX79

Not even close to what I am saying. If Ferry had been better at identifying and acquiring true talent this loss would not hurt so bad is what I am saying

I know what you're saying, but where was this talent supposed to come from? Dwight and CP3 were never coming here, so who was left that would've significantly helped this team without overpaying (in the form of FA and draft trades)?

Here's why I think your thread has failed. Ferry came in with no expectations of fielding a winning team immediately. We were cap strapped with Joe Johnson and still had Josh Smith on our hands. Ferry's actions were clear from the get go. Rid ourselves of the huge caps and set ourselves up for the future (3-4 years from his initial hiring). So he went out and drafted European guys who can sit over in Europe gaining valuable playing time and when the Hawks are ready, we can call them over. On top of that, we've rid ourselves of the horrible contract of JJ and signed a much more all around F in Paul Milsap in probably the steal of free agency.

Nobody expected the Hawks to contend for a title. Every reasonable and understanding Hawks fan knew that from the get go. We now have an incredible amount of cap room, with some insanely great draft picks (if we lose out and the Nets continue to lose),we could POTENTIALLY wind up with two top 5 draft picks in this years class if the season goes South for the Hawks with Horford out. As long as the Nets continue their losing ways, the Hawks will become instantly better after the draft.

I agree with everything you're saying, but the Hawks only keep the better pick between ours and the Nets. They don't get both, it's a swap.

Edited by WakaFlocka

I agree with everything you're saying, but the Hawks only keep the better pick between ours and the Nets. They don't get both, it's a swap.

Oh.. I thought we had theirs plus ours. Oh well. Either way, we hold the option for their draft for this year AND next, so we can become a great team in the next two years. I don't personally believe we need a "true" Center, as those are being phased out of the game. You are starting to see more and more 6'9-6'11 guys playing Center than you are seeing 7 footers. Teams want Centers who can run the court and not have to be subbed in and out every 5 minutes. Horford is a fantastic Center because he can draw his defender out of the paint due to his ability to hit a jumper. If Horford takes his man with him, it could easily lead to a drive to the basket with Teague or another guard. What we need for the future is a SF. Korver is great, but he needs to be a spark plug 6th man.

You guys continue to reach on Ferry. Be honest with yourselves we all thought the Nets would be better than us and make the playoffs this year. 2 of Ferry's 3 1st rd picks are on the roster not overseas. Once again, Gortat,Pekovic, Howard, Kaman, etc. were all available this offseason and Asik is available now.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1