• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Putting Ferry Under the Microscope with Horford Injured

MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

You can't have it both ways - on one hand you are saying we can't get FA's because of how we treat players and on the next you want to trade the two (Milsap and Korver) who WANTED to sign here AND are playing well...make up your mind.And please don't get me wrong, I am not against trading anybody for the RIGHT deal. So far I've heard nothing CONCRETE for any trades.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that we are making moves that are contrary to being a rebuilding or transition year team. We have made moves that says... we are competing this year for a title.

The Korver signing and the Sap nontrade is indicative of that.

• Premium Member

Not for the money he got from the Bucks. I love Zaza and I do miss him but not for that kind of deal.

Not for the money he got from the Bucks. I love Zaza and I do miss him but not for that kind of deal.

5 Million per year average?

Uhm... Elton Brand who is 68 years old is making 4 Million per.

Zaza is 6'11" and 29 yrs old... and has shown that he's a very capable back up. That kind of deal is spot on.

• Premium Member

5 Million per year average?

Uhm... Elton Brand who is 68 years old is making 4 Million per.

Zaza is 6'11" and 29 yrs old... and has shown that he's a very capable back up. That kind of deal is spot on.

Brand is on a one year deal, Zaza is on a three year deal that pays him over 5 million. Ferry wanted cap flexibility. I don't think Zaza is worth more than four million a year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Brand is on a one year deal, Zaza is on a three year deal that pays him over 5 million. Ferry wanted cap flexibility. I don't think Zaza is worth more than four million a year.

Yeah, that old cap flexibility is a heck of a player. It's funny because Just now, it looks like we moving into tank mode. I expect to see young guys getting more PT... No trades unless Ferry Really wants a pick. You know these are the things we should have done in the beggining instead of sending mixed messages that suggested we wanted to win.

• Premium Member

Yeah, that old cap flexibility is a heck of a player. It's funny because Just now, it looks like we moving into tank mode. I expect to see young guys getting more PT... No trades unless Ferry Really wants a pick. You know these are the things we should have done in the beggining instead of sending mixed messages that suggested we wanted to win.

You know I have been a proponent of tanking so I can't really argue with that. We're too late in the season at this point to start tanking and yet I don't see DF trying to trade for a center unless a team like Philly wants to move Hawes for peanuts.

What would be the purpose of tanking at this point? Even with Al out I highly doubt the Hawks finish with a worse record than Brooklyn, so all trying to lose would do is give Boston a better pick.

I have no problem with Ferry not making any trades to "replace" Al, we were never going to get past Miami and/or Indy this year in the first place. Why trade assets for long term or expiring contract players when it wouldn't even put the team over the edge?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What would be the purpose of tanking at this point? Even with Al out I highly doubt the Hawks finish with a worse record than Brooklyn, so all trying to lose would do is give Boston a better pick.

I have no problem with Ferry not making any trades to "replace" Al, we were never going to get past Miami and/or Indy this year in the first place. Why trade assets for long term or expiring contract players when it wouldn't even put the team over the edge?

That's why we aren't going to tank or make a trade for a center. There's no real point to either one by now. If Horford had done this in the preseason or very early in the season you might have seen a different outcome but that's neither here nor there.

• Like 1

This. No need at all. Wouldn't it be nice to ADD to what we have now via a high draft pick, Al coming back and Free agency? (How much $$ do we have next season). Hopefully the development of Schröder.I think Bud and Ferry continues to develop this group with his offensive and defensive principles/identity.Unless they get an insane offer that is.

I really don't see a reason for Ferry to change the course he set when he came on board. I really think he's trying to establish a Hawk brand. Maybe not with the fan-base right now, but within the NBA. The Hawks can't attract big name FAs because the franchise has a crap reputation with the players. This season is about establishing that Bud knows how to coach and can get the best out of his players. The theory is that this reputation will then attract FAs to sign with the team. Hence, no "tanking" but building assets through trades and signings.

The fan-base will follow once the team starts to win playoff series (in theory )