• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Group to Never Win a Championship?

benhillboy

Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Ewing vs. Durant, Love, Curry, Westbrook?Insert other names that I feel don't quite measure up to that level if you wish (Harden, CP3, Melo, Cousins, Rose, Kyrie, Wall). All things remaining constant, all theses guys should be HOF worthy barring any further major injury for 5 of them and probably dependent on a serious attitude change for Cousins. I brought up the question because I think Love is better than all the old heads who couldn't get past The Bulls (notice I didn't say Jordan). The multitude of things he does on the floor are mind boggling sometimes, besides actually guarding someone. Curry couldn't dribble or pass great when he came in the league. Both skills are on a magicians' level now, let alone being the greatest mid-long range shooter I've ever seen (sorry, Ray), but still average D at best. None of the 4 HOFs from back in the day weren't defensive stalwarts either, although Pat could definitely anchor your D with no problems. KD scores as easily as anyone ever, but he wears down a lot and can be pushed around pretty easily around the paint. Westbrook is just a ball of energy at all times, which can be one of the most potent weapons in the league or lead to team turmoil when he acts as if KD ain't on the floor and they lose. The talent level of players right now is at an All-Time high, unfortunately all of them might be left out in the cold as far as jewelry due to The King shooting 60% among other crazy ridiculous sh@t he does every night. Can these guys measure up to the Greats or am I crazy?

Edited by benhillboy

Both Durant and Westbrook are 25 years old, they have a lot of time left in their careers to win a championship. In fact, I think that maybe this year not because of Westbrook's injuries, but next year they will be the favorities for the championship. Just think that Westbrook, Durant, RJ, Ibaka, Lamb, Adams... all of them are becoming better every year.

Anyway, that's the NBA and everything can happen.

Mutombo ,Webber, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Steve Nash

Add Allen Iverson. That's a strong group, yes.

Another great player who won't never win a championship was Yao Ming. Damn, I grew watching him, I loved him. Hard to see such a big man such coordinated

Edited by Ebert

• Moderators

Tons of great individuals who never won a championship. The one that jumps immediately to my mind is the 2002 Kings. They were denied a chance against an underwhelming Eastern Conference opponent in the worst way possible and were so very fun to watch on the court. I would have loved to have seen them get the shot they earned in that Game 6.