• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Related: Rondo in the D-League...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/celtics-assign-rondo

The news of Rondo using the D-league as part of his rehabilitation, it got me thinking: Should the D-league be used as a testing ground for proven players for injuries? Should Lou have used the Bakersfield Jam as part of his rehab and getting back to game shape? I think it's a great idea to use the D-league because as a proven player, you get to go up against lesser talent as a test for his knee and he gets to get back into game shape. The only problem I have about it is the fact that the D-league is meant for young guys and undrafted players to develop their skills and to get themselves noticed, not for All-Star players already making millions.

Why not baseball does it. I even think the current rosters should be increased to allow up to 5 guys in the D-league from the active roster. Imagine if we had an expanded roster and could have had Dennis, Cunningham, Jenkins, Mussala(sp?), and Lucas down there running a five and being called up from time to time when needed.

• Like 3

If I owned the Hawks I would have my own d league team. To develop talent and such. Using it to my advantage as far as contracts and salaries. Getting players for cheap. Just like baseball and using those players as tradable assets. Shoot I would have my own AAU team also.

Edited by tonegully
  • Like 1

I have watched some of these D league games on the computer and it seems

that a good high school game has higher attendance. Maybe not, but that's

how it looks on the tube.

I believe every NBA team should have, and support, their very own D league team.

These players should be under contract to the home team. After playing a certain

number of games and not being called up to the NBA, they should then be subject

to being drafted by another NBA team. This would prevent big, rich teams from

stockpiling good players and never giving them a chance to advance.

Sending NBA players down for rehab makes sense. They would, by necessity,

be limited to the number of games they could play in any given NBA season.

Just some thoughts from me.

I think that players recovering from serious injuries should go to the d-league. To those who may say that the d-league is only for player development and superstars should not be allowed down there, these elite players could also help further development of these young players assisting them where they can improve. Almost like another coach/mentor really.