• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Teague soooooo inconsistent?

Bonkers

Are you being intentionally obtuse? Because he agreed with my post which does NOT speak to Teague's inconsistency it follows I agree with his original post?

I'm sorry..I should have been more polite and allowed you to further elaborate on your statement. How can we get more out of Jeff teague?

I'm sorry..I should have been more polite and allowed you to further elaborate on your statement. How can we get more out of Jeff teague?

Like you said blame Bud for playing him off the ball...Hahaha.

Lou is supposed to play our Manu role, when TP is doubled or on the bench Manu can run point, Lou just cannot, he pounds the ball too much and disrupts the flow of the offense.

I want to see Teague get the ball and go, sometimes he's waiting for action to develop, create the action. If something isn't there on a drive come back out and reset the offense - DO NOT PICK UP YOUR DRIBBLE.

Lou is supposed to play our Manu role, when TP is doubled or on the bench Manu can run point, Lou just cannot, he pounds the ball too much and disrupts the flow of the offense.

I want to see Teague get the ball and go, sometimes he's waiting for action to develop, create the action. If something isn't there on a drive come back out and reset the offense - DO NOT PICK UP YOUR DRIBBLE.

The other problem Teague has is when they ask him to create he gets in trouble from time to time and has to pass it to someone...Well that someone most of the time in this series has been none other than Pero Antić' I think Bud sees that as an empty possession and would rather run other plays that have a chance

The other problem Teague has is when they ask him to create he gets in trouble from time to time and has to pass it to someone...Well that someone most of the time in this series has been none other than Pero Antić' I think Bud sees that as an empty possession and would rather run other plays that have a chance

I miss Al, sigh! Teague's assist numbers would definitely be higher. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Where Teague has trouble in my opinion is when we set up on the right side and don't run DMC. Sometimes he plants at that 3 pt line so Jeff sees the help cheating towards the lane. He knows if he drives he needs a pinpoint pass to get it to DMC. Now when DMC is moving and gets his man above the foul line Teague usually has an easy go into the lane.

@Bonkers is right here and just because Teague has been consistently better as a whole for the past month, doesn't mean he's been consistent in the game. But I don't know that it's all on Teague as he's often getting the ball taken out of his hands or he's drawing George as his defender and that's just not a good way to consistently have success. A couple of times he did get by PG to the rim but got swatted by Hibbert or Mahinmi.

Teague was our best player last night though and without him we would have been crushed.

• Like 1

Lol, so we are going to judge consistency by what "you" see, but actual verifiable stats be damned? Lol. If that's the case then screw it. There is no way he can be consistent if what "you" see is the basis for measuring that........CUZ

In this series he's only had 2 games with more than 5 assists and he's averaging 5.6 for the series, which is down quite a bit from his regular season average and a long way from a double-double. He's also only had 5 steals in the entire series so far, which is a big part of his game. He's kept his turnovers down though and he's shooting with a confidence that I haven't seen from him before. That one 3 he hit last night where he dribbled into it with a defender near was just sweet. Looked like a Joe Johnson shot.

@Bonkers is right here and just because Teague has been consistently better as a whole for the past month, doesn't mean he's been consistent in the game. But I don't know that it's all on Teague as he's often getting the ball taken out of his hands or he's drawing George as his defender and that's just not a good way to consistently have success. A couple of times he did get by PG to the rim but got swatted by Hibbert or Mahinmi.

Teague was our best player last night though and without him we would have been crushed.

Well, again I have to ask, what are you looking for? Teague has been a consistently above average(good) player. Now the 29 pt, OMG, Teague Baggums guy is not consistent. But, in my mind he isn't that guy. He is a B player that occasionally can be the best player on the floor. He is not consistently great. If he was then we would be in the 2nd round right now. I think he will never be that guy.

• Moderators

I agree with all of this. Good post. Teague still takes his foot off the accelerator for stretches even in his best games but he has elevated his play so much over the last month that I can live with this type of inconsistency. The in-game inconsistency does leave him some real growth opportunities, though.

For Teague, aggression is the absolute key to his game. The good news is that it does emerge regularly for significant stretches of the season (key for next year is not having the significant stretches where it completely disappears), unlike with Marvin who got aggressive about twice a season.

• Like 2

In this series he's only had 2 games with more than 5 assists and he's averaging 5.6 for the series, which is down quite a bit from his regular season

2 words Pero Antić! Can't get an assist if the player you've passed the ball to just stands there not knowing what to do half the time. Even Brand was having trouble finishing around the rim in this series

Edited by IBelieveInFerry
  • Like 1

Well, again I have to ask, what are you looking for? Teague has been a consistently above average(good) player. Now the 29 pt, OMG, Teague Baggums guy is not consistent. But, in my mind he isn't that guy. He is a B player that occasionally can be the best player on the floor. He is not consistently great. If he was then we would be in the 2nd round right now. I think he will never be that guy.

His scoring has been terrific. I pointed out where he's been inconsistent in this series or within games. I'm not asking for great but he's got to do a better job of facilitating and he's got to be more of a factor defensively. Those are 2 areas where he's down from his season average and to me that's not going to cut it. But his scoring and confidence have been amazing and big time above his norm.

In this series he's only had 2 games with more than 5 assists and he's averaging 5.6 for the series, which is down quite a bit from his regular season average and a long way from a double-double. He's also only had 5 steals in the entire series so far, which is a big part of his game. He's kept his turnovers down though and he's shooting with a confidence that I haven't seen from him before. That one 3 he hit last night where he dribbled into it with a defender near was just sweet. Looked like a Joe Johnson shot.

I miss spoke with the double double... I meant double digit scoring. I think Bob said 19 games straight double digit scoring. That's consistent. Not great consistence.

2 words Pero Antić! Can't get an assist if the player you passed the ball to just stands there not know what to do half the time. Even Brand was having trouble finishing around the rim in this series

Well you do have a point there, but he's playing with the same shooters he's had all season and without looking up the stats I doubt they are shooting that far below their season averages.

Well you do have a point there, but he's playing with the same shooters he's had all season and without looking up the stats I doubt they are shooting that far below their season averages.

Yeah, they are! I don't think that Antić was shooting 13% during the regular season nor was Brand averaging almost zero points

Edited by IBelieveInFerry

I miss spoke with the double double... I meant double digit scoring. I think Bob said 19 games straight double digit scoring. That's consistent. Not great consistence.

Scoring is 1 facet of the game. He's still got to be more of a facilitator and a difference on defense. Outside of doing a pretty good job holding Hill and Watson down (not exactly All-Star types) he's sagging off them for open 3's that we've gotten lucky on a lot and been burned on by ones they've made. He's got to steal the ball and disrupt the passing lanes and make a difference there.

But as @AHF said I can certainly live with this Teague as he's been a stud throughout a lot of this series.

Yeah, they are! I don't think that Antić's was shooting 13% during the regular season nor was Brand averaging almost zero points

Can you provide the stats on each of the top 8 players, regular season, and this series? Just FG% and 3PT%. I would but don't have time to go look that up right now as I'm leaving the office.

You people don't know basketball, Teague is pulling Paul George to the corner and allowing the rest of the team better shots. Teague might be our best player but Paul George is their best player and having George on Teague helps the rest of the team. That includes Millsap, Korver and Horford when he comes back.

• Moderators

Almost everyone is down in the playoffs other than DMC.

By FGA/G (minimum 2 attempts per game):

Teague down 30 points

Millsap down 34 points

Korver down 23 points

Scott down 112 points

Lou up 4 points (almost to 41%!)

Pero down 220 points

Mack down 17 points

(This is a drop in fg% which ties out to assists. So a drop from .420 to .400 = 20 point drop.)

Edited by AHF

Scoring is 1 facet of the game. He's still got to be more of a facilitator and a difference on defense. Outside of doing a pretty good job holding Hill and Watson down (not exactly All-Star types) he's sagging off them for open 3's that we've gotten lucky on a lot and been burned on by ones they've made. He's got to steal the ball and disrupt the passing lanes and make a difference there.

But as @AHF said I can certainly live with this Teague as he's been a stud throughout a lot of this series.

Can you provide the stats on each of the top 8 players, regular season, and this series? Just FG% and 3PT%. I would but don't have time to go look that up right now as I'm leaving the office.

Two guys from this years playoffs

17.0 2.2 4.6 0.6 0.2 0.457 0.750 0.333 32.2
19.8 3.8 5.3 0.8 0.5 0.406 0.941 0.360 34.5

Who is consistent?