• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves reveal first glimpse at new stadium

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Schurholtz now saying it never would have happened if they hadn't been able to keep it secret. WTF. In other words, we managed to screw everyone because it happened so fast you weren't prepared to stop it. wahhahahahahhahahahahahahha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Phillips is nice. It has a unique architecture in that all the suites are on one side of the building. Sightlines in the bowl are excellent and getting in and out is pretty easy. My big problem is the food is not that great.

Phillips is nice. It has a unique architecture in that all the suites are on one side of the building. Sightlines in the bowl are excellent and getting in and out is pretty easy. My big problem is the food is not that great.

I thought one of the big complaints is that it's very tough to get in and out of Philips, which is why people are often a full quarter late getting to their seats? 

I thought one of the big complaints is that it's very tough to get in and out of Philips, which is why people are often a full quarter late getting to their seats?

No it's not - people want to arrive at 7:30 for a 7:30 game. Gates open an hour before tip.

No it's not - people want to arrive at 7:30 for a 7:30 game. Gates open an hour before tip.

I know that people on here have said it's hell getting through security at Philips. Now you're probably right about them arriving far too late but is security at Philips any more difficult that any other venue? 

I know that people on here have said it's hell getting through security at Philips. Now you're probably right about them arriving far too late but is security at Philips any more difficult that any other venue? 

Nope - just like anywhere else you stand in line and wait your turn.  They ask you to remove the stuff from your pockets BEFORE you get to the screener (and of course most people are digging into their pocket AT the screener.  If you have a bag, they put a wand like thing in it and you are on your way.

Like I said they get their late and then fuss about missing the 1st quarter.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

There aren't enough entrances to Phillips in my opinion.   I heard the cobb office centers don't want to give up parking to the Braves like they had counted on.   I just can't see anyway that getting to this new stadium isn't going to be a nightmare other than the fact that if the yankees, cubs, and red sox aren't in town no one will probably go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I'm so happy Steve Hummer is back on ajc.com.  I thought this was dead on

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/further-review-braves-throw-fans-a-crumb/ng4rf/

By Steve Hummer

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Should you be eating or drinking anything now, please swallow before reading further. Don’t want you to blow coffee through your nose, or do a donut spit-take when you hear this announcement:

The Braves want fan input on their new ballpark in Cobb.

The team announced earlier this month the creation of a fan advisory board for the new park that was sprung on those same fans like a summons and scheduled for play in 2017. According to the announcement, the 20-member board will provide folks “the opportunity to offer thoughts and insights on the ballpark and development design, plans, processes and entertainment activities.”

No, really, after so thoroughly circumventing the public throughout negotiations to move to the Cobb cloverleaf, after sticking their hands in the taxpayers’ pockets without their consent, now the team is concerned about residents’ opinions?

(Here we refer you to the Sunday-Monday AJC series that peered into the secret talks between Cobb County and the Braves).

There was no public vetting of the deal. No healthy debate over whether public funds should be allocated to a private enterprise. No laying out of benefits and risk. But they sure would like Cobb residents’ opinion about the color scheme.

This project is a monument to the back-door deal. But if you’d like to chip in on the design for the front gates, here’s a chance.

Think of this stadium as your child. You played no part in its conception. You were kept in the dark throughout the pregnancy. You weren’t there for the birth, although you did get a slick announcement afterward. You were trusted with none of the important details of bringing this entity to life.

But, oh, joy, you might get to pick out a pair of cute booties now, as you begin paying the bills.

There, see, you matter.