• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Hawks social media director hurt us?

Hairydawgz

The Official Hawks twitter acct is run by some absolute dipshit.

Just a slew of dumb tweets that have made the Hawks look stupid.

One day they were tweeting about Iverson to wish him well on his retirement, which was fine, but then the dumbass tweeted a pic of Iverson teabagging the Hawks at Phillips with some 50 point performance.

Several, including myself, expressed our disgust, and the worst part was the guy tweeted people back, telling them to not follow and a bunch of shit like that. Really Great businesses moves to celebrate your franchise getting 50 hung on them and then telling fans to piss off.

I guess I'm getting old, because I don't like some of that goofyiness coming from our Twitter account either. Having said that, I'm a advertising/marketing guy. If by doing what he's doing expands the reach of the fan base, then I guess it is good for the team. But for the most part, I'm not a fan of some of the things that they do.

The Lance Stephenson blowing out Al's birthday candles was good though, I have to admit that. And for the most part, the account is OK with some of the content and knowledge that they give to the fans.

Anyone remember the "fake Sund" twitter acct.? It was hilarious I don't use twitter . How can I find it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I followed them, then once DF took over I think they changed their name to @FakeASG https://twitter.com/FakeASG

IIRC the person comments on Peachtree Hoops. Najehdavenpoop maybe? Gosh, I spend too much time on the internet.

I followed them, then once DF took over I think they changed their name to @FakeASG https://twitter.com/FakeASG

IIRC the person comments on Peachtree Hoops. Najehdavenpoop maybe? Gosh, I spend too much time on the internet.

Man, googling takes me down some strange paths sometimes. The FakeASG is Najehdavenpoop. And I ran into this little tidbit from our marketing/media/whatever people:

http://atlantahawkspr.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/peachtreehoops-kalland-121031.pdf

^.pdf of an article by Robby Kalland from back in 2012, when he didn't write for Hawks.com. It looks like a "print as .pdf" option of a Peachtree Hoops article. It has a comment from Mr. Davenpoop where his signature states he is the @FakeASG.

Big Brother is watching us!!!!

Man, googling takes me down some strange paths sometimes. The FakeASG is Najehdavenpoop. And I ran into this little tidbit from our marketing/media/whatever people:

http://atlantahawkspr.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/peachtreehoops-kalland-121031.pdf

^.pdf of an article by Robby Kalland from back in 2012, when he didn't write for Hawks.com. It looks like a "print as .pdf" option of a Peachtree Hoops article. It has a comment from Mr. Davenpoop where his signature states he is the @FakeASG.

Big Brother is watching us!!!!

Yeah that Davenpoop freak created about a dozen accounts here back in the day until I banned them all and his IP addresses. That was back when I first took over and this place was a free for all.

Yeah that Davenpoop freak created about a dozen accounts here back in the day until I banned them all and his IP addresses. That was back when I first took over and this place was a free for all.

"Some people just weren't cut out for life on the road [message boards]"

Please tell me there is sarcasm here...

No, when you attack your own fan base, you are a POS.

What happened to the "customer is always right"?

There were a ton of Hawks fans and non-Hawks fans that were displeased with that.

It basically went like this:

Hawks twitter acct: "Here is Allen Iverson scoring 100 points at Phillips against our Hawks!!!"

Fan base: "WTF"?

Hawks Twitter acct: "if you don't like it, don't follow".

Tweeting about an embarrassing moment for your franchise and then getting into it with your own paying customer for not liking it, is just beyond dumb.

@

I don't know that I would call it an embarrassing moment for the franchise. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours, but players drop 50 points from time to time. I don't think it's a product of a bad team, but more a combination of player A's stellar evening and team B's off night. From time to time, stars do align.

It's not something we can really draw from as a fan base ourselves, as we haven't had a player score 50 in quite some time. When it does happen though, I think the general perception is turned towards that players amazing evening - not the other way around.

Kobe's 81 might be a little different from the Raptor's perspective, but the event is looked at as kobe scoring 81... not the raptors allowing 81 from Kobe.

Edited by ATLJA316

Ya I've seen Davenpoop on ajc comment a lot lol..is he really a weirdo? Haha. He seemed somewhat normal from the comments but I dunno him maybe he's a nut.

Ya I've seen Davenpoop on ajc comment a lot lol..is he really a weirdo? Haha. He seemed somewhat normal from the comments but I dunno him maybe he's a nut.

I don't know I guess I just figured he's a weirdo due to his screen name and the others he created. But I had no respect for him for trying to hide behind different aliases on here.

I don't know I guess I just figured he's a weirdo due to his screen name and the others he created. But I had no respect for him for trying to hide behind different aliases on here.

BOOOOOOO!!! Let's restart the petition! {/sarcasm}

@

I don't know that I would call it an embarrassing moment for the franchise. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours, but players drop 50 points from time to time. I don't think it's a product of a bad team, but more a combination of player A's stellar evening and team B's off night. From time to time, stars do align.

It's not something we can really draw from as a fan base ourselves, as we haven't had a player score 50 in quite some time. When it does happen though, I think the general perception is turned towards that players amazing evening - not the other way around.

Kobe's 81 might be a little different from the Raptor's perspective, but the event is looked at as kobe scoring 81... not the raptors allowing 81 from Kobe.

Point is, a lot of people were put off by that tweet and responded with their opinions, and the Official Account fired back at the fans.

Totally irresponsible.