• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elfrid Payton is a sleeper pg prospect!

His lows are extremely low. His first season as a freshman his advanced offensive numbers were just pitiful. His steals were nothing to write home about. He has never maintained a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. The best thing about this guy is he improved but he should have never been that bad. Going up against pros night in and night out who are just naturally better than him I don;t think he holds up.

I would not touch him.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=jeff-teague&elfrid-payton=2011-2012&i=1&jeff-teague=2007-2008&p1=elfrid-payton

Way to use advance metrics to try to discredit a player. Obviously, you should realize that advance metrics isn't used to define NBA Draft prospects. It's funny how there's no top 10 draft prospects highly ranked or represented in any of the advanced statistics. Reason why? The college game is more tightly compacted and heavily zoned defensively so players take more shots from the three and midrange. Teague shot well from the college three point line but he has shot like crap from three in the NBA. Advance metrics are for professional athletes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

What I think is prompting a lot of the attention around Payton is that he effectively is a sophomore because he began school early, so when you look at his numbers in terms of a sophomore, it's more of a head-turner, while also giving some reason for belief that he hasn't hit his ceiling in terms of improvement. And then evidently they're seeing him look a cut-above in these workouts, just confirming that he's improving.

Like Miller, I don't look for him to become a proficient 3 pt threat, but I do think an increasingly dependable jumper inside the arc isn't too much to expect. And while Miller has an edge in terms of T/A ratio, Miller has a rebounding, steals and blocks edge; not to mention, I think TOs is something players his age can still improve.

Mr. Obvious wants me to mention that, were we to select him, we probably should expect Schröder to be on someone else's roster next season.

• Like 1