• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

Per CViv on twitter

'Nogueira (and knees) was expendable with signing of Muscala and drafting of Tavares. #ATLHawks'

Followed by

'Told Hawks' move created salary cap space but not designed to target a specific player. #ATLHawks'

Edited by Ryaan

That's what I don't get why some are having so much trouble. Some are sitting there with the douche nozzle in their mouths refilling for their next dumb comment but the rest of us are trying to be reasonable here.

This isn't about Bebe it's the fact that we've turned a 2013 1st round pick and a valuable expiring into cap space to use on guys who aren't even interested in us.

You have no more any clue who or why this trade was done then I do. It may have not one thing to do with Memo or Leflop. Hell their could even be other trades in the works

This! Both were assets. Unless we acquire a real talent via trade with this cap space AND/OR sign a marquee free agent then we've pissed away 2 quality assets.

Yep I've had it in knees and elbow and you take NSAID's, rest and ice and drive on. Big freaking deal it's tendinitis.

That's why I will wait until free agency concludes and see what we end up with instead of getting all hot and bothered right now. 2 days to go!

This trade had better amount to something tangible.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

That's what I don't get why some are having so much trouble. Some are sitting there with the douche nozzle in their mouths refilling for their next dumb comment but the rest of us are trying to be reasonable here.

This isn't about Bebe it's the fact that we've turned a 2013 1st round pick and a valuable expiring into cap space to use on guys who aren't even interested in us.

You have no more any clue who or why this trade was done then I do. It may have not one thing to do with Memo or Leflop. Hell their could even be other trades in the works

I didn't say that I do have a clue but it's a reasonable conclusion that they're using it to go after a free agent or another trade THIS offseason since Lou was expiring any way. 

• Like 1

It's basically a giant waste of a 1st round pick and the Hawks aren't a team that can afford to waste draft picks.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Per CViv on twitter

'Nogueira (and knees) was expendable with signing of Muscala and drafting of Tavares. #ATLHawks'

Followed by

'Told Hawks' move created salary cap space but not designed to target a specific player. #ATLHawks'

Wow.........

Bebe is no asset.

Williams just threw a cheerleader the ball on a fast break.

You're kidding. Even if Bebe was the trash you make him out to be, he wasn't taking up cap space. Williams has one year on his contract so if we don't use the cap space this was by far a terrible mistake.
  • Like 1

Wow.........

That's my hope is that they really believe in Muscala and Tavares. Hard to believe that they've seen anything in Tavares that leads them to believe he's more than 2-3 years away from even being able to play over here. And Muscala, while he's nice, he'll never be the type of fast break big or shot blocking big that Bebe already is. 

If a full medical report on Bebe were available to us, we'd be having a totally different argument.

If he had any structural damage to his knees it would have gotten out. It's just tendinitis as reported. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

We gave away last years 1st round pick to get rid of a guy on a reasonable expiring contract so that we could chase a dream of getting a superstar who's not even interested in listing Atlanta among their destinations. And some people are happy about this? Are you kidding me? 

To get rid of a $5.4 million dollar expiring and likely productive player we gave away last year's 1st round pick and a guy many expected to come over and contribute this year and we got nothing but cap space in return. Let that sink in before you get so giddy of delusions of Lebron or Carmelo playing here. 

Who says Ferry is chasing a superstar?  Players conspire with one another... Who says Ferry hasn't spoken with his best buddy Lebron, reminisced on the Cleveland days a little while, and then pulls out the "Spurs system" card.  Lebron then strokes Ferry's hand and looks deep into his eyes and says, "I'll sign for $17 mil if you can also get Melo here."  Ferry is a smart GM; he wouldn't have traded away an expiring contract and a prospect without knowing something.  I feel that Ferry has something in the works and is just waiting for free agency to get here... And even if they haven't talked, is Bebe really worth not being able to improve our starting core with proven players?  I really don't understand this love for Bebe when he hasn't proven to us anything!  He's a pole bean center coming off a knee problems.  We have Payne and Tavares as our center prospects now and a 2x All Star in Al Horford.  Just stop on Bebe.

Sign Lebron outright for $17 mil and then SnT Sap/DMC/2 2nd round picks for Melo.

And fans overhype these "lists" of places that stars supposedly wanna go.  Who knows where these lists actually come from and who makes them.  If I was a superstar, the last thing I would do is narrow down my options.  I'd want to hear every angle from every team and get as many free meals from the Bellagio that I could.  The media thought Lebron was either going to resign with Cleveland or head to Chicago before the Heatles happened.  Nobody thought that Miami was going to happen.

That's why I will wait until free agency concludes and see what we end up with instead of getting all hot and bothered right now. 2 days to go!

This trade had better amount to something tangible.

It's got to result in something tangible this summer for the trade to be worth a damn. 

You're kidding. Even if Bebe was the trash you make him out to be, he wasn't taking up cap space. Williams has one year on his contract so if we don't use the cap space this was by far a terrible mistake.

If we get nothing I am happy with this trade.

No more back to back to back possessions yielding turnovers at critical moments.

And I don't have to hear about how great BeBe will be in 2025

It's ok though because Bron Bron and Melo are walking through the door next week...while they wait for their connecting flight to another city.

They better be. I wasn't holding my breath for them before, but if Ferry is doing this trade it means something else I' is coming. Toronto would do this trade 10 times out of 10. Why do this deal if you don't need the space immediately.

I have no idea what Danny Ferry is doing, so I can't comment on that.

But I can respond to those who are deriding those who say Bebe may have had something.

If Bebe has nothing and, as one person put it, won't ever play in the NBA, then why is the GM from Toronto trading for him? Is he just stupid? Just as someone said, we value our players over others; but they should have added that we also lessen the value of those leaving.

• Like 2

We can take this with a grain of salt but it doesn't exactly make the trade look any better.

Who says Ferry is chasing a superstar?  Players conspire with one another... Who says Ferry hasn't spoken with his best buddy Lebron, reminisced on the Cleveland days a little while, and then pulls out the "Spurs system" card.  Lebron then strokes Ferry's hand and looks deep into his eyes and says, "I'll sign for $17 mil if you can also get Melo here."  Ferry is a smart GM; he wouldn't have traded away an expiring contract and a prospect without knowing something.  I feel that Ferry has something in the works and is just waiting for free agency to get here... And even if they haven't talked, is Bebe really worth not being able to improve our starting core with proven players?  I really don't understand this love for Bebe when he hasn't proven to us anything!  He's a pole bean center coming off a knee problems.  We have Payne and Tavares as our center prospects now and a 2x All Star in Al Horford.  Just stop on Bebe.

Sign Lebron outright for $17 mil and then SnT Sap/DMC/2 2nd round picks for Melo.

And fans overhype these "lists" of places that stars supposedly wanna go.  Who knows where these lists actually come from and who makes them.  If I was a superstar, the last thing I would do is narrow down my options.  I'd want to hear every angle from every team and get as many free meals from the Bellagio that I could.  The media thought Lebron was either going to resign with Cleveland or head to Chicago before the Heatles happened.  Nobody thought that Miami was going to happen.

I bought into the Ferry knows something shtick last year and not buying into it again this year. 

Again it's nothing but HOPE to pacify the masses... until we're left at the front door again while the real contenders are getting their whistles wet. 

• Like 1