• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow anyone read Sheffs quotes about being a Yankee

Admin

"We aren't going to lose; you can be assured of that," said Sheffield, who in a series of phone interviews last week revealed to Sports Weekly that he had agreed to a three-year, $39 million contract.

He also told Sports Weekly:

• "The Red Sox can say what they want, but look at us. Who's going to beat us?"

• "If we don't win the World Series, everybody can come and see me first, because I'll take the blame."

-- Now, as a Yankees fan I love this, but I have to think that the Yankee players are a little bit leery of a guy coming in and running his mouth already since the Yankees really dont do that too much, but still its nice to hear him talk like that. However, he has been historically terrible in the postseason so he will definitely need to back up his talk with some solid hitting.

• Admin

He's put up a heck of a season for us and he was damned fun to watch. But man, he's an ass.

I knew when they signed him that he would freak out about the way they do business. He would be insulted that htey didn't call him at 12:01 am on the night they could officially talk to him and offer him a huge contract.

Even though he knew how they operate. He even said he was looking forward to it..... whatever!

He sure is an ass and I am glad the yankees signed him. They've been trying to win by stocking their roster with ageing players and it hasn't worked. Sheff won't repeat the season he had last year either. I bet there are more than a few yankee fans who regret what they are paying for him.

They did help themselves today by getting vazquez today though. He's a good young pitcher. They didn't have to give up a lot for him either.

Don't get me wrong I like Sheff. And I would have wanted him to stay, but don't let the door hit your ass. I would hope his leaving would allow us to make a serious run for Vlad.

But, back to Sheff. I love his quote of if the Yankees don't when I shoulder the blame. Boy that was far from the truth here in Atlanta. Where he got only two hits and three walks in 10 postseason games with Atlanta. He had two good regular seasons with the Braves. But when it really counted he was a no show. That's all that matters.

P