• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops Article proposing/suggesting Eric Bledsoe trade

enrique

• Moderators

I don't like short SGs posing as PGs. He works fine in PHO because they have one of the most underrated players in the NBA in Dragic. He wouldn't work here. If we traded for anyone in PHO it should be Dragic

They aren't trading Dragic though.   I don't think they care whether Bledsoe comes back or not.  

I think Bledsoe CAN work as a 6th man combo guard for us. He could be dynamite in that role, actually.

BUT:

1) Injury problems (pretty scary ones, too)

2) He's demanding big dollars

3) Will he accept being a 6th man?

4) What would we have to give up in a sign and trade?

I agree that I would much prefer Dragic because he's at least as good without the injury issues, but would we have a shot at signing Dragic next offseason? I don't know, honestly. This would be a tough, gutsy move. For the record, I think Bledsoe is potentially a steadier, better player than Lance.

I am more interested in trying to get Kevin Martin and Shabazz from Minny since they drafted a SG and are about to get a SG/SF in Wiggins.

That's moderately interesting from the standpoint of having a guy we can let Budz try to develop I guess.

• Moderators

If we got Bledsoe, he would start over or with Teague.  He is better on offense (more points on better TS%), he kills Teague on the boards (4.7 rpg versus 2.4 rpg), and is a significantly better defender.  I wanted him when he was being dangled for trade by the Clips.

He isn't so good that we can give up a bunch of assets for him and sign him to a max deal, though.  I also don't know that you can make Jeff and Bledsoe work together on either end of the court so you have a high potential for two good but not superstar PGs and no SG.  With his strength and athleticism, he makes a good second PG in a backcourt of PGs but I am skeptical that will ever work on a deep playoff run.

Even though Bledsoe is better than Teague, I would be afraid of putting them together because they are too similar on offense (both are pedestrian passers and playmakers and neither is an elite perimeter shooter) and I am skeptical on a mini-me backcourt on defense (Teague subpar defending PGs and Bledsoe too small to check larger SGs).

If you really want him, you either acquire him for lesser assets or wait until he is a FA and make a big play -- you can't both give up 3 drafts worth of first round picks and sign him to that huge contract he wants.

Edited by AHF

Bledsoe is not significantly better than Teague and no he would not start just because you think so. There would be a contest and I suggest Teague would win for several reasons and the first being familiarity with the system. Teague's defense was much improved last year. Come with all the advanced stats you want but Bledsoe has not proved his greatness over an extended amount of time and that is why they are not going to pay him what he wants. I have also heard that you don't want him running your offense. People always swear the grass is greener on the other side because they haven't been on the other side consistently.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1