• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops Article proposing/suggesting Eric Bledsoe trade

enrique

Not gon lie I thought about it.....as awesome as Bledsoe is and the fact that he's probably closer to becoming an all star player before Teague really makes me hope ferry trades for him but on the other hand...he is a shoot first pg but to be honest with you Teague is too in so many ways when he doesn't shy away and is aggressive.

If it wasn't for bledsoes recent injury and though he came back and played great there's some reason I wouldn't want him for teague....probably has something to do with the fact that Bledsoe wants a 60m contract.

• Like 1

On another note I'm actually having a bi polar moment as "dolfan" likes to call it lol...but I blame my mind changing on the fact that this franchise just never comes through....

Anyways moving on...the fact that the hawks miss out on bigger name players makes me think ferry may should try to pursue a trade for Bledsoe by giving up Teague.

We have to be honest, Teagues our most important player but Bledsoe is a better player offensively and defensively (Teague has him on elite speed however) but if we had a chance to get Bledsoe like we do, we should probably pursue him.

No way. I love Bledsoe but the article suggests us giving up Schröder, Payne and a first rounder for him? You gotta be on crnack for sure to do that. I wouldn't give Teague up for him either. He's a combo guard who is undersized. I'd like him coming off my bench but honestly wouldn't start him at the 1 or 2.

Bledsoe has played about a half a season as an effective starter.  He played very well as CP3's backup.  The rest of the time he's been injured.  So when (not if) he goes down for significant time what do we do at PG?

We're complaining about Horford's durability off two (arguably) freak injuries.  His knee(s) could be near shot for all we know and that's more likely to recur than Horford's injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bledsoe wants out of PHX due to them not offering the 5th year rather than the money.

Trust me, I hear y'all when you say we need to take a chance.  This would be like playing blackjack, having 20 and saying "Hit me" because you might get an ace.

Now that I think about it, there's no way PHX trades Bledsoe and brings back any guards.  They drafted two and already have 3rd-team All-NBA-er Dragic who's set to get paid after this season.

On top of that Payne is pretty much a carbon copy of the Morris twins anyway so I'm not sure how compatible these two teams are as trade partners.

Did you read all the positive things they said about Dennis the Menance?

How about all the good stuff they raved about when they talked of Payne?

We, the Hawks, are expected to give them our next first round pick, Dennis

and Payne for this player with a bad wheel who would be a backup for

Jeff Teague?  Possibly our third string PG?

Our GM may be thought of as dumb but, believe me, he ain't stupid!

GO ATLANTA DREAM!!

The idea isn't from Peachtree, it is actually from Upside Motor:

http://upsidemotor.com/2014/08/21/eric-bledsoe-atlanta-hawks/

Ok yeah this isn't a bad thing! The only part I would change is giving them Payne.

If we could have a lineup of:

Pg-Teague

Sg-Bledsoe

Sf-Korver

Pf-Sap

C-Horford

Then hell I would say that's a dangerous lineup to compete in the east!...I know we want to get away from the small backcourt but if the small backcourt can actually do damage it's just a whole different story! Teague and Lou wasn't necessarily a dangerous small backcourt against the nba league like wall/beal.

Teague and Bledsoe has a chance to be the most dangerous small backcourt in the entire league and it helps that Bledsoe actually has defense.

Adding Bledsoe would take care of our offensive problems as far as needing another slasher and having someone else other than Teague getting inside shots.

Our bench would include:

Pg-Mack

Sg-Bazemore

Sf-DMC

Pf-Payne

C-Muscala or Pero

That's a team us hawk fans can get excited about! I hate to lose Dennis but I'm all for it to get Bledsoe. It's a risk/ very high reward type of situation....we have nothing to lose!

Did you read all the positive things they said about Dennis the Menance?

How about all the good stuff they raved about when they talked of Payne?

We, the Hawks, are expected to give them our next first round pick, Dennis

and Payne for this player with a bad wheel who would be a backup for

Jeff Teague? Possibly our third string PG?

Our GM may be thought of as dumb but, believe me, he ain't stupid!

GO ATLANTA DREAM!!

3rd point guard?! Teagues backup?!....you got Bledsoe all messed up here!

Bledsoe would easily crack the starting lineup on the hawks....easily!

But his biggest fallback are all these injuries though he's showed that he can battle through them and comeback the same player if not better.

• Moderators

I just don't see it happening.   I could see Bud being interested in Bledsoe to play the Manu role but not for the money he wants.    He's still a restricted FA though.   If we offered a one year deal at $12 million with a player option for year two at like $14 million would he sign it?  PHX would match i guess but do they really want him?   I don't know what his QO is but that's better than that and he has insurance for next year if he gets hurt.   If he has a big year he's UFA.   

Disclaimer: this may be impossible.  I know jack about contracts and caps.

I just don't see it happening.   I could see Bud being interested in Bledsoe to play the Manu role but not for the money he wants.    He's still a restricted FA though.   If we offered a one year deal at $12 million with a player option for year two at like $14 million would he sign it?  PHX would match i guess but do they really want him?   I don't know what his QO is but that's better than that and he has insurance for next year if he gets hurt.   If he has a big year he's UFA.   

Disclaimer: this may be impossible.  I know jack about contracts and caps.

Bledsoe's QO is only $3.7mil.  I think the bottom line is he isn't a max player (even at his max, whatever it is) and he's supposedly seeking max dollars and years.

I think he's a middle-class man's Nate Robinson which may be selling him a bit short but either way he hasn't shown he can stay healthy playing starter's minutes.

His is one of, if not the, worst max contract requests of all time (including JSmoove's alleged request).

I wouldn't mind getting Bledsoe (#BBN), but more than $12/4yrs is a little over priced based on his playing history. If DF doesn't think our 3rd string pg will likely challenge for starting (which if he did, why would he resign Mack), then go for it. Payne could be a good player but he won't be some star, and a 20s something first...I don't care too much, bring Edy over as our big rookie next year.

Bledsoe would be a bigger impact addition to try to shake things up a little and push us ahead than anything else we've done this off season (sorry Payne, Thabo, and Kent).

6'1" shoot-first PG.  Loads of talent and upside, but no thanks.  Sounds like he is wanting an arm and a leg to stay in Phoenix.  There are trade rumors that the Suns would be willing to SnT.  I'd rather keep Teague.

I couldn't agree more.  Bledsoe may be a slight upgrade over Tueage from downtown, but he isn't worth trading away young assets or the huge contract he's demanding.

Why the hell not?  Look this city needs a guy.  Somebody exciting and fresh.  I say do it.  Worst case scenario he doesn't work out and we have to trade him at some point.  Best case blossoms and we have A piece that is committed to the city.  The Braves did it with Upton and Uggla.  It didn't work out, but they tried.  The Falcons did it with Julio.  Mixed results, but mostly positive.  Let's do it.