• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Little League World Series

NJHAWK

I think if I was going to go to fantasy land and pick one championship I could play in my lifetime it would have been the LL World Series. To be in that tourney when your 12/13 years old must be a memory to last a lifetime. I was rooting for the team from Philly with the girl pitcher but they bowed out the other day. Todays game between Chicago and Nevada was another incredible game which Chicago hung on at the end like the Philly game. Tomorrow they play South Korea for the world title. Hopefully its another great game. The pitcher S.Korea sent out today vs Japan was 6 feet tall with a mustache at 12 years old.

Oh well the USA get embarrased again. This South Korea team reminds me of those Chinese Tai Pai teams that used to murder the U.S. back in the 80's so its nothing to be ashamed of. Especially since they found out years later alot of their players were 15 and 16 years old if I remember right.

• 11 months later...

Well we are rolling around to LL WS time again here shortly...damn shame they don't allow betting (like they would in the UK) since I usually have the "inside stuff"...at least for Georgia).

My son played for East Marietta L.L. (they won it all once) and the coaches are still very serious about it.  Word is, East Marietta will be better than the last few years due to better pitching and will contend for the State Championship.  Primary adversaries will be Columbus and - as usual - Warner Robbins.  Sandy Springs may be a darkhorse out of the Buckhead league this year as apparently they have a pitcher who is totally unhittable (but you can't pitch the same kid in L.L. every game).

After that, who knows what is going on in Florida.  S.E. Regional winners are typically serious contenders for the whole thing.  The S.W. Region - (Texas) has fallen off lately but it would be no surprise if they aren't right back in it this year....and then there is California.

The Midwest/Northern teams usually don't fare well unless they cheat like the Chicago team last year and the NY team some years back.  Hopefully USALL got enough of a black eye from that sh!t last year to keep better track of potential cheaters.

Anyway - it's always fun - my son made the EMNLL all-stars and pitched in the State playoffs against the eventual winners (Columbus) some years ago and he did OK.  It's a hoot for the players and the parents and part of "Americana" in my opinion.

GO GEORGIA !!!