• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Telling stat update from 82games.com

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Amid this disappointing season, I thought I would offer a bit of optimism. Did you know that the Hawks are currently in line for the #5 pick in next year's draft AND only 1.5 games out for the 8th playoff spot. What a strange year in the EC.

Anyways, I looked over the stats @ 82games.com and wanted to point the following out:

1. Only Theo has a positive effect when he's in the game. Every other player has a negative =/-.

1. Theo +0.7

2. Shareef -1.7

3. Glover -2.2

4. Jackson -4.6

5. JT -5.0

6. Diaw -5.6

7. Vaughn -9.9

8. Nazr -12.1

9. Nailon -22.9

Man, the bench really sucks, no?

2. Net Production by Position vs. League Average:

PG: -4.2

SG: -4.3

SF: -4.9

PF: +5.3

CE: -3.8

This team should make moves in February, but where do you start - PG, SG, or SF? JT won't be traded (BYC) and no one wants Glover or SJax...

• Premium Member

It's all relative.

that's the one thing to remember about all stats.

Except the 5 man units that I quote. It's all relative. For instance, in those 5 man units, what they do is take into consideration is who is on the floor with the player. For instance, Hansen will probably look bad because he gets on the floor with Dickua, Nailon, Nazr, and CC; that won't show on the stats that you laid out. That team he plays with isnot so strong. So instead of a direct comparison of who looks good on the floor, we get who is on the floor with the stronger squad. The only time this was not the case was when Vaughn played starter for the Hawks. His numbers easily trumped JT's numbers. Since then, you can see how JV plays with the starters and JT and you note that this team plays better with him on the floor.

To say that SAR bring no positive value during his minutes on the floor is ridiculous... For the last 5-6 games he's been about a 24/11 player.

• Premium Member

Philly leads the Atlantic with a record of 10-10.

I think so far, the playoffs have shaped up as:

Indy

Philly

Detroit

New Orleans

Toronto

Boston

New York

New Jersey

I may have missed somebody. The point is that this is an exceptionally weak East...Also, Look for Boston and NJ to fall out.

I am a realist. Realistically, it might be better if we get a lottery pick and a shot at #1... However, there are no Labron's in this class.