• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Hawley, Lamar Holmes and Willy Mo

Hawley and Homes done for the season.

Willy on short term IR.

I don't know what to say. WTH is going on in Atlanta. Man whatever deal Atlanta made with devil he is collecting. Can this town catch a break?

The injuries definitely piled up this week, but I don't see how the Falcons could have competed this season with a defense that consistently trotted out players such as Osi Umenyiora, Kroy Biermann, and Tyson Jackson. Our linebacking corp. is just horrendous. When Weatherspoon went down, so did heart and soul of our defense too. It's a shame because our offense looks as dynamic as it's ever been with the acquisition of Devin Hester and the dynamic core of running backs that we have. But then there's our Jekyll and Hyde defense to balance it out. Our coaches certainly have their fair share of blame, but if the Falcons move past the trade deadline without making a major acquisition on defense, Thomas Dimitroff and company will definitely deserve much more of it.

I don't believe losing Lamar Holmes for the season will be as significant as losing Joe Hawley. Gabe Carimi can play at a level just below or at the same as Holmes, but replacing Hawley with Peter Konz will be petrifying to say the least. Hopefully, Ishmael can step up for Moore until he is recovered. I still haven't lost hope on this season, but this defense definitely needs more talent if we want to even think about any postseason games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...