• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks talk...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Well,

Tommorow at 2, the Hawks will be on the Duece. I'm looking forward to seeing Slim at 216. IF he can get to 220 by reg season, it would be a good thing... BUT the running might make him lose some.

Either way though, I think that Slim might be moved to SF. Meaning that if we trade, we probably will trade for a 2.

There's one trade:

Toni/Hendu/CC/ and Email for Penny/Outlaw/ Ford.

I added Toni because Phoenix is overloaded at PF and along with getting rid of Penny's salary, they might look to get rid of some PFs to make the deal go. If we go that route, look for us to move Ira and DJ to SF and play Penny, Glover and a Pickup at 3. My guess is we would pickup either: Carr (cheap), Starks (vet Min), or Lenard (vet. Min or MCE).

Another trade would be if we went after Eddie Jones or Micheal Dickerson. The problem with Dickerson is his frailty. Which is why I suspect Mem wants to trade him. The problem with Jones is his salary. He's a max player but is really overpaid.

For a long time, I looked for Miami to do a Jones for Dickerson/Swift trade... However, that hasn't happened yet. I would love for us to get our foot in the door and help them both out by taking Battier out of the equation.

Nazr for Battier/Massenberg.

I figure we can take that trade eat Massenberg's contract.... Pickup Christofferson (gives us SIZE) and work with this lineup:

Theo/Christofferson

SAR/Hendu

Battier/Toni/CC

DJ/Glover/Ira

JT/DD

SO that leads to 2 questions:

How do we feel about Christofferson ( I think we love his size, the new Cal)?

Memphis is seriously in need of a C, can we address that in a Nazr for Battier trade?

Trade's never gonna work though, it's bad for Phoenix. With Marion a lock at their starting SF spot and Marbury a lock at the point, they're already trying to figure out how to play Joe Johnson and Jacobsen at the 2 (along with Penny's minutes). No doubt that they would love to dump Penny, but they can't get another 3 (Toni) and an up and coming swing man...esp. in that deal cause then you're going to have to work Johnson/Toni/DG/Jacobsen into the 2 and bu 3 position...

that team is a mess

No way do they have a log jam at Sf? Their log jam is at PF.

Marbury/Crispin/Brown

Johnson/Jacobsen

Matrix/Toni/CC (IR)

Googs/Hendu/Stodamire

Big Jake/Voskhul.

This is what the trade I propose will leave. They really are somewhat thin in the 3 to 2 positions.

However, they would trade Penny in a heartbeat. Especially if they can get players who won't be around next yr.

I don't know if it's true... But if TONI is in his last yr, and IF Hendu is contemplating retirement.... Phoenix stands to gain a lot of cash to spend on Duncan, ONeal, or Morning?

Jacobsen won't start as a rookie.