• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Jenkins Question

curtmcgirt

I think its become more and more apparent that John Jenkins is nowhere near the future plans for the Hawks. Talent wise he seems to duplicate Kyle's offensive capabilities and should be able to replicate his defensive abilities. Instead he's getting frequent flyer miles. Meanwhile we've seen Schoeder turn it around in year two. Mike Scott as a part of the rotation. Moose at the end of the rotation, but there nonetheless. And Payne seems to more publicly understand why he isn't in the rotation.

Do you think its:

• Talent
  • Mental ability (not picking up schemes)
  • Maturity (not playing his role, or wanting to)
  • Physical (still injured)

I believe that the personalities of Jenkins and coach Bud are in conflict.

As long as Bud is the coach, Jenkins will not get any substantial playing

time.  Moose is in much the same position.

Some of those bottom teams in the NBA need these two on their roster.

If Atlanta offered both of them for a draft pick, which might be in the lottery,

both teams could benefit.

Just my personal opinion.  Couldn't prove any of this.

blind.gif

Pretty much agree with AUhawksfan. Writing was on the wall when they didn't pick up his option even though he shot lights out in preseason. He's a great shooter, but his all around game (i.e., defense) leaves him behind Thabo and Bazemore in the 2 guard rotation, not to mention Schröder and Mack in small lineups. He'll probably be a great role player with his next team, but no minutes for him here given our current defensive focus.