• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kawhi Leonard is a BIG deal at this point for the Hawks!

JTB

We might get Kwahi Lenoard but we will never get Kawhi Leonard

- d*ck (just an absolute douche post my bad)

Don't blame yourself.  Long break got to you.

Paying close to the max for Millsap is a horrible idea. He's a dime a dozen PF.

I probably wouldn't go that far but I get what you're saying.  I'm sure there are PFs out there who could fit.  Folks gotta remember his game expanded after getting here so it's possible someone else could come here and be as effective.  I think that's what you're getting at?

Don't blame yourself. Long break got to you.

I probably wouldn't go that far but I get what you're saying. I'm sure there are PFs out there who could fit. Folks gotta remember his game expanded after getting here so it's possible someone else could come here and be as effective. I think that's what you're getting at?

@kg01 it's funny, the exact minute you were thinkin about me, I was thinkin about you, in a different thread..:-X

I'm sorry, I would rather reup DMC (thealltimegreat) for a much cheaper price.

I think DMC is a better defender and I believe that he plays his role just as well for prolly 1/4 of the price.

Do we know DMC will keep being (relatively) cheap tho?

I have 3 "dream" players I'd love to join the Hawks that would be PERFECT fits in our system. I don't think we have much of a chance of landing any of them but here they are:

Marc Gasol-To me, the best big man in the game..he can score inside, outside, rebound and assist with the best of them. Seems like he loves Memphis but who knows what could happen.

Lamarcus (whom I affectionately call LaCock) Aldridge- To me, the best power forward in the game right now. A big that can do it all. Score on the blocks and has the sweetest, featheriest touch from outside that a big could have. Again, he loves Portland and a move is highly doubtful.

Kawhi Leonard- Most underrated( probably not anymore after the finals MVP) small forward in the league. Another 2 way player with no holes in his game. He can drive the ball to the hole ferociously, hit the midrange shot (lost art) as well as hit the 3. Unselfish on offensive, a real team player, and on defense, a nightmare. He will suffocate his man on D, if he doesn't steal the ball from his man, chances are he gets a swat 5 seconds later. It's almost not fair because he was Bud's main guy but most likely will carry the Spirs for the next 10-15 years.

That is my dream. Staying "flexible" with our cap to even have any chance of landing any of those guys is what keeps me excited about trades that don't make sense to me right now. Hope can carry a fan a long way.

M Gasol - Like you said, he's a MEM boy.  Funny to see Knick fans thinking he'll even think about going there.

Aldridge - So, you affectionately call him what now?  Did @Dolfan23 hack your account?  Sounds like a nickname he'd go for (literally.  Lol, c'mon that was a good one).  IIRC, he was set to re-sign with POR last season if the CBA had allowed him to get the 5th year.  Agree, he's a POR boy especially now that whiny Lillard is seen as a future star at PG.

Leonard - Can we get him with an over-pay?  Any unrest via Pop/Dunc leaving puts him in play IMO but only if SAS doesn't try to pull Budz.

Would you prefer "Le Coq"?

I'm sure you would.  Ha!  Just messin' with you dude.  Games can't get back soon enough.

On free agents, I do wonder if we'll go after a guy like Gerald Green or Kosta Koufos.  Seem more realistic targets.

I have 3 "dream" players I'd love to join the Hawks that would be PERFECT fits in our system. I don't think we have much of a chance of landing any of them but here they are:

Marc Gasol-To me, the best big man in the game..he can score inside, outside, rebound and assist with the best of them. Seems like he loves Memphis but who knows what could happen.

Lamarcus (whom I affectionately call LaCock) Aldridge- To me, the best power forward in the game right now. A big that can do it all. Score on the blocks and has the sweetest, featheriest touch from outside that a big could have. Again, he loves Portland and a move is highly doubtful.

Kawhi Leonard- Most underrated( probably not anymore after the finals MVP) small forward in the league. Another 2 way player with no holes in his game. He can drive the ball to the hole ferociously, hit the midrange shot (lost art) as well as hit the 3. Unselfish on offensive, a real team player, and on defense, a nightmare. He will suffocate his man on D, if he doesn't steal the ball from his man, chances are he gets a swat 5 seconds later. It's almost not fair because he was Bud's main guy but most likely will carry the Spirs for the next 10-15 years.

That is my dream. Staying "flexible" with our cap to even have any chance of landing any of those guys is what keeps me excited about trades that don't make sense to me right now. Hope can carry a fan a long way.

My exact same 3 wish-listers ;)

Why no talk about Wesley Matthews?  He's a lock-down perimeter defender and he's one of the very best 3 pt shooting off-guards in the league.  I think he fits us perfectly, and he's not the Blazers future the way Leonard is the Spurs future.

Obviously Marc Gasol would be a huge get for anyone, but Matthews seems more signable and far less likely to get max money thrown at him.

Why no talk about Wesley Matthews?  He's a lock-down perimeter defender and he's one of the very best 3 pt shooting off-guards in the league.  I think he fits us perfectly, and he's not the Blazers future the way Leonard is the Spurs future.

Obviously Marc Gasol would be a huge get for anyone, but Matthews seems more signable and far less likely to get max money thrown at him.

He plays the same position as Korver. So not really a need.

Regarding the "sign Leonard first and then sign Millsap comment", that's not how it works. We'd have to renounce Millsap to sign Leonard, and then we'd lose the rights to Millsap.

You need to read @hawksfanatic many threads on how we can set Millsap's cap hold (I don't remember the number) renounce guys like Brand and Antić, maybe move another $3-4 milllion, sign Kawhi, then exceed the cap to sign Millsap above his cap hold number or something like that.

You need to read @hawksfanatic many threads on how we can set Millsap's cap hold (I don't remember the number) renounce guys like Brand and Antić, maybe move another $3-4 milllion, sign Kawhi, then exceed the cap to sign Millsap above his cap hold number or something like that.

Ohh I hope you didn't put a comma in the wrong place or HF is gonna jump down your throat and say you didn't read his posts! :whip: