• Raised $390 of $700 target

USA Today: Proof Hawks’ Tinder-themed night qualified success

HawkItus

USA Today: Proof Hawks’ Tinder-themed night qualified success
Apr 24, 2015, 8:20am EDT UPDATED: Apr 24, 2015, 9:30am EDT
hawks-logo-2014*304xx1600-1067-0-253.jpg

Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta Hawks

carla-caldwell-2013.jpg Carla Caldwell Morning Edition Editor- Atlanta Business Chronicle Email  |  Twitter

So, remember that night in early January when the Hawks played matchmaker - and worked to attract millennials - by hosting a Tinder-themed night? Well, apparently sometimes the stars align and you actually do meet someone really and truly special using social media, reports USA Today.

Case in point- Ben McCleskey and Avery Armstrong who were at Game 2 of the Hawks-Nets playoff series, the paper says.

The couple met for their first date on the Hawks’ ‘Swipe Right Night’ and are still going strong four months later.

“Good for them,” the paper adds.

Click here to see a photo of the couple from Game 2 of the Eastern Conference NBA Championship.

Are they 17? Wow, what a young couple

Just shows that the Hawks PR staff is pushing the envelope on promotions and in-arena events. It is great to have that level of innovation in our city. How times as Atlanta fans have we something happen at another arena or stadium and say "wow, that NEVER happens in Atlanta"?

• Like 1

Also didn't want to create a new thread for this but I look good in my Teague jersey. DAYUUUUUMMMMMM I almost hit on myself in the mirror. Honestly, I probably shouldn't wear this cuz I look better than Teague.

Edited by Spud2Nique