• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Mock 5.0 - #15 Sam Dekker

AHF

Do you believe anything the commentary tells you? Lol

Clearly not.  However, the commentary tells me the picks are based on something more than where they think a guy should be drafted numerically.

• Moderators

They base it on where the player should be drafted not team needs or preferences. It's always been that way with mock drafts.

Taking ESPN for example, their big board is where they think people are ranked and then the mock is different based purportedly on team needs, etc.

Taking ESPN for example, their big board is where they think people are ranked and then the mock is different based purportedly on team needs, etc.

Really? I'm just skeptical because it seems like every year they target a position for us that isn't our biggest need. I understand Millsap is unrestricted but still seems off to draft a pf. Just my take.

• Moderators

Really? I'm just skeptical because it seems like every year they target a position for us that isn't our biggest need. I understand Millsap is unrestricted but still seems off to draft a pf. Just my take.

Our real GM took a PF last year when we had less of a need than this year!

Our real GM took a PF last year when we had less of a need than this year!

That's true. I guess that didn't end up well though. Or maybe it did in the long run.

I wonder if the they'll make a run at Porzingis again after supposedly giving him a promise last year.

He seems to be a consensus top 10 guy so he's not likely to drop to us.

Another curious theme in the mocks is Utah seems to be into the same players we are although I'm surprised to see Kaminsky projected there considering they have Favors and Gobert.  I'd expect them to go SF.

I keep seeing us with Portis in a number of mocks right now. Makes me worry a bit, although I didn't watch tons of Portis this year.

I really like Portis for us just like I liked TJ Warren for us last year. That probably means Phoenix will draft him right in front of us again. Im amazed you guys don't think we need big help. Did we all just watch the same playoffs? Portis is a very good scheme fit for us on offense and defense, but the thing I like most is his motor and passion. This guy plays with an edge and we need more guys like that.

Hawks should take the best player available that's not a PG. We need upgrades everywhere either for wing starters or bench bigs. They shouldn't reach just to get a wing.

I agree Hawks need some players with passion(attitude) and finshiers. I'll take the best player regardless but won't be disappointed in taking Portis. I thought he plays soft but he is a big that can score form the outside and supposed to be decent at rebounding. Was the SEC player of the year. Hawks need to find a gem like some of these other teams. Just because the Hawks are drafting 15 doesn't mean we can't find anyone.

Edited by thescout5

Another curious theme in the mocks is Utah seems to be into the same players we are although I'm surprised to see Kaminsky projected there considering they have Favors and Gobert.  I'd expect them to go SF.

What about rosy cheeked max baby Hayward at SF?  Or have you Atlanta guys managed to eliminate all instances of H(e)ywards from your minds?  I would think that an offensive big that can stretch would make much more sense to Utah rotating with the more defensive minded Favors and Gobert than adding another wing to a rotation that has big money tied up in Burcs and Hayward to go along with recent draftee Hood and perhaps Exum depending on what position they decide he's best at.  Plus he's white, I think Silver made it a rule that either Utah or Indiana must draft or sign whatever Caucasian American is available.

What about rosy cheeked max baby Hayward at SF?  Or have you Atlanta guys managed to eliminate all instances of H(e)ywards from your minds?  I would think that an offensive big that can stretch would make much more sense to Utah rotating with the more defensive minded Favors and Gobert than adding another wing to a rotation that has big money tied up in Burcs and Hayward to go along with recent draftee Hood and perhaps Exum depending on what position they decide he's best at.  Plus he's white, I think Silver made it a rule that either Utah or Indiana must draft or sign whatever Caucasian American is available.

Yeah you may be right (for once).  Gotta go clean my mouth out with soap after saying that.

• Premium Member

Another curious theme in the mocks is Utah seems to be into the same players we are although I'm surprised to see Kaminsky projected there considering they have Favors and Gobert. I'd expect them to go SF.

Yeah, he will be top 10. I meant if the Hawks would try to make a trade for him. Maybe not if Ferry isn't making the call this year.

Yeah you may be right (for once). Gotta go clean my mouth out with soap after saying that.

At this point soap is too good for you. I got something else.