• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Mock 5.0 - #15 Sam Dekker

AHF

• Moderators

#15 - Sam Dekker

The Hawks get the right to trade picks with the Nets as a result of the Joe Johnson trade. Dekker looks like an ideal fit for the Hawks. As I stated last month, his versatility, toughness and ability to stretch the floor make him a strong fit in Mike Budenholzer's offense. Kelly Oubre, R.J. Hunter and Kevon Looney are other potential options here.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=5&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft&refresh=true

• Like 1

We need wings so badly it's not funny.  I'm still down on Dekker since I think he's a flash in the pan.  However, if the Oubre kid is off the board, I wouldn't mind taking Dekker and hoping Budz can develop him.

He's got the tools (size, ability, etc.), just needs to put them together on a consistent basis.  Issue is, he's always had the tools so why wasn't he better?

• Admin

Decker would be a solid pick, but it doesnt help our rebounding challenges......Would love to see us move up in the draft somehow...

The draft is for future ... Rebounding is an issue now ... I am sure that will be addressed with free agency

We need wings so badly it's not funny.  I'm still down on Dekker since I think he's a flash in the pan.  However, if the Oubre kid is off the board, I wouldn't mind taking Dekker and hoping Budz can develop him.

He's got the tools (size, ability, etc.), just needs to put them together on a consistent basis.  Issue is, he's always had the tools so why wasn't he better?

Growth spurt and ankle injuries could be the explanation. He's not a perfect prospect, but Dekker is better than Stanley Johnson and (slightly) better than Oubre as a prospect IMO. Dekker's light on his feet. Main flaw to me is his lack of passing ability.

We all know that we're going to draft an unathletic Euro

Lol. We do have a huge history of drafting unathletic Euros in the Bud era: 3 drafted out of 8 picks, one of which is 7'3'', one of which is your typical raw and athletic big man, and one of which is among the fastest players in the NBA.

Good try though.

• Like 1

He doesn't know what we are going to do. He never knows. I would watch Aran Smith more at nbadraft.net. He seems to have a handle on things Hawks related. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

He doesn't know what we are going to do. He never knows. I would watch Aran Smith more at nbadraft.net. He seems to have a handle on things Hawks related.

Who does he have us taking?

Who does he have us taking?

Frank "the tank" Kaminsky.

I don't like Kaminsky or Bobby P. We have to land a shooting guard or a small forward unless a really talented guy slips, then we go with BPA. I still think trading assets to move up and draft Stanley Johnson is worth it. Bud spotted talent in Kawhi, he will do wonders with Stanley.

• Moderators

I keep seeing us with Portis in a number of mocks right now.  Makes me worry a bit, although I didn't watch tons of Portis this year.

I keep seeing us with Portis in a number of mocks right now.  Makes me worry a bit, although I didn't watch tons of Portis this year.

Been seeing the same.  I take solace in the fact that all these eggsperts don't watch us other than the recent playoff series.  See that Millsap is a FA and think, "Welp, they gotta replace him so ... hmmm Portis!"  That's the depth of their analysis.

Been seeing the same. I take solace in the fact that all these eggsperts don't watch us other than the recent playoff series. See that Millsap is a FA and think, "Welp, they gotta replace him so ... hmmm Portis!" That's the depth of their analysis.

They base it on where the player should be drafted not team needs or preferences. It's always been that way with mock drafts.

They base it on where the player should be drafted not team needs or preferences. It's always been that way with mock drafts.

Nah, the commentary suggests they analyze supposed fit, team needs and such.