• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quickie Dish: Mount Ratliff Erupts, is JT Target?

jaywalker72

It wasn’t surprising to see Theo Ratliff sound off at the Hawks recent “efforts” after the team laid down defensively to the Miami Heat on Tuesday night.

Ratliff has been a fountain of salty quotes and criticism this season, especially about the team’s lack of focus on the defensive end. Ratliff recently repeated something he has told GameNight often in the last two seasons, that the team needed, and some players to be held accountable for their disinterest on the defensive end.

Read the entire article and discuss:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=389

Ratliff not rebounding? I tell you why because he is constantly cleaning the dirty job the other 4 hawk defenders left behind and that is letting their men drive right by them, and Theo being there as the sole stopper. I dont think the players response to Stotts all that well, so is time for a king to rule the team. You here me Fratello?

I agree RE: Ratliff's rebounding. It is ridiculous that Ratliff has to come out and guard 2 guards at times. of course he can't get a rebound if he is way out on the perimeter doing what JT or Glove should be doing. I agree with Diesel's assessment of JT's defense, the Olay style. I can't believe JT was considered a good defender at Arizona under Lute Olsen. I think Stotts should bench him for sure, unless he starts playing D. Glover has clearly stopped giving the effort on the defensive end that he gave earlier in the year, and Jax isn't even defending at times, the way Jax played last night it looked as if the team were tanking the season. He played with his back to the ball on defense at times! even dog didn't do that...

Stotts should be laying down the law, this team is weak defensively, and all the players need to step up. Defense is more about dedication and effort(scrappiness) than it is about talent. If you try as hard as you can to stay with your man and get a handup, dive for loose balls, etc...you can play defense in this league. Look at Bo Outlaw.