Official panic thread

taz

Man, ever since Houser's death it just hasn't been the same dude. I remember seeing them up in the GA Theatre during the glory days and by far the highest of highs I ever experienced was during this set: {/sarcasm}

I could feel the colors that day, man. RIP Houser. {/sarcasm}

I will be seeing them on Saturday

• Moderators

The Hawks need to get it together but honestly without Love and Kyrie, this Cavs team is the weakest we can ever hope to face in an ECF.   We screwed up by losing game one but the cavs are much worse than i expected.

• Like 1

The Hawks need to get it together but honestly without Love and Kyrie, this Cavs team is the weakest we can ever hope to face in an ECF.   We screwed up by losing game one but the cavs are much worse than i expected.

yup we can win this IMO... we just need to find a way to nullify bron bron

• Moderators

yup we can win this IMO... we just need to find a way to nullify bron bron

Bron isn't going to be nullified; you look to keep him performing like he has this entire post-season and that is good enough.  If we can hit our open jumpers and avoid another JR Smith career explosion we can definitely still win this.  

• Like 1

Bron isn't going to be nullified; you look to keep him performing like he has this entire post-season and that is good enough.  If we can hit our open jumpers and avoid another JR Smith career explosion we can definitely still win this.  

I just don't want to see Millsap picking Lebron up at halfcourt.  The man's jumpshot has been ice cold all postseason and we need to sag off and dare him to shoot the ball.  He was barely touching the rim with his jumpers in game 1 yet Millsap kept crowding him at halfcourt and then Lebron would drive past him.

Exactly.  Let Lebron get his, he can't score all of their points.  Just need to stop his crappy supporting cast.  Don't let J.R. get hot and keep Tristan Thompson from getting position.  I don't think that's asking too much.

I just don't want to see Millsap picking Lebron up at halfcourt.  The man's jumpshot has been ice cold all postseason and we need to sag off and dare him to shoot the ball.  He was barely touching the rim with his jumpers in game 1 yet Millsap kept crowding him at halfcourt and then Lebron would drive past him.

Yeah I love seeing guys hustle and work hard on defense but that was unnecessary by Millsap.  I don't mind Dennis picking up fullcourt because he's quick but Sap needs to stay back.

• Moderators

Agreed 100%.  I want him shooting jumpers.  I live with it if he makes them.  Fadeaways are even better if you can get those.  I really don't want to see him posting up and driving inside.

Agreed 100%. I want him shooting jumpers. I live with it if he makes them. Fadeaways are even better if you can get those. I really don't want to see him posting up and driving inside.

It's really weird but sometimes Lebron's fadeaway is actually better than his jumper. I guess he might also slightly to a lesser degree fall into the "bad shotmaker" category ala JR. But yes, please keep him from driving if at all possible.

• Moderators

Of course with Millsap guarding him tight most of the 4th quarter I think we was 3-9.  I believe he missed on 5 straight drives.  But knowing Bud we will have a different look for him tonight.   I expect we try to trap him and force the ball out of his hands.