• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Guaranteeing a trip back to the ECF!

JTB

Some teams get things done despite of what precieved limitations they have... Others, they just talk about what they can't do and they don't get anything done. The Hawks are in the 2nd group.

100% agree Hotlanta. Where there is a will there is a way. Not only does this apply to the NBA but all sports. I remember in the NFL in the 90s teams like San Fran would continually sign players even though there was a cap. Turns out it was creative financing where they gave players large bonuses. Now the NBA has a much harder cap but sitll teams find ways to get players. Not sure what are bench warmers are worth in a trade but we all agree Hawks need more talent.

Lets not forget the Pacers were in the same boat as the Hawks but suffered when ther star player went out. What seems like an Atlanta team that can compete for the ECF one year doesn't guarantee they will make it back without changes. I guess the quesiton is do the Hawks need a band aid to heel the bullet wound or a surgery? I find it hard to believe the Hawks looked so bad just because of injuries. There is no excuse to miss shots when your wide open yet it happened. Sure Hawks got outrebounded badly, had injuries but missing open shots the defender had nothing to do with it is inexcusable.

Another option I could see our team go with this summer is resigning both Paul Millsap and DMC then get Kosta Koufus from Memphis. With trio of Millsap, Horford and Koufus we could pick and chose who's starting base on the match up. 

Lets say when we have to face big team like the Cavs or Brooklyn our startup line could be:

PG: Teague, SG: Korver, SF: DMC, PF:  Horford, C: Koufus

Bench: Millsap,  Schröder,Bazemore, Thabo, Mike Scott and Muscala

And when we face a smaller team we can keep this year line up and have Koufus coming off from the bench

PG: Teague, SG: Korver, SF: DMC, PF: Millsap , C: Horford

Bench: Koufus,  Schröder,Bazemore, Thabo, Mike Scott and Muscala.

With this option, I think we could keep our starters fresh for the playoffs as well as the versatility that Bud likes as well.

Here's a video of Koufos from this year

Another option I could see our team go with this summer is resigning both Paul Millsap and DMC then get Kosta Koufus from Memphis. With trio of Millsap, Horford and Koufus we could pick and chose who's starting base on the match up. 

Lets say when we have to face big team like the Cavs or Brooklyn our startup line could be:

PG: Teague, SG: Korver, SF: DMC, PF:  Horford, C: Koufus

Bench: Millsap,  Schröder,Bazemore, Thabo, Mike Scott and Muscala

And when we face a smaller team we can keep this year line up and have Koufus coming off from the bench

PG: Teague, SG: Korver, SF: DMC, PF: Millsap , C: Horford

Bench: Koufus,  Schröder,Bazemore, Thabo, Mike Scott and Muscala.

With this option, I think we could keep our starters fresh for the playoffs as well as the versatility that Bud likes as well.

Here's a video of Koufos from this year

I see all dunks by Koufas. Does he have a post game? I may have to retract my liking of Koufas. The guy can dunk and make passes but can he protect the rim and rebound. How is it teams like Memphis and Golden State who already have big men find backups better than Pero? Is Hawks management asleep at the wheel. I just hope Antić is not the backup next year. Tired of his missed 3 pt attempts,nonrebounding and no post game for a big man. Bring in Tavaras as a project but also a reliable big man at power foward or center.

For years, I've had the same opinion as Hots on this. The next step they need to take is to start shopping at Saks 5th Avenue for their players instead of Dollar General. They're not a 43-39 team playing in front of a half-empty arena anymore. They are a conference finalist now, which moves them out of Lakewood Heights and into the TPC Sugarloaf district. They need to act like it...