• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince Dumbo (Update: Felony Charges Dropped)

• Moderators

Doggonit, Prince! 

C'mon, Man! Better yet, Go on!

~lw3

• Moderators

Hit the "domestic violence" and "animal cruelty" Venn diagram intersect, right in the sweet spot.

"We are aware of the charges that have been filed against Prince Shembo. We are extremely disappointed that one of our players is involved in something like this. Accordingly, we have decided to waive Prince Shembo."

~lw3

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Return of the Prince... or nah?

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/agent-felony-charges-against-shembo-dismissed/nnJG4/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_falcons_sfp

Felony animal-cruelty charges against former Falcons linebacker Prince Shembo were recently dismissed in Gwinnett County, his agent told The Atlanta-Journal Constitution on Thursday.

The Falcons waived Shembo, who was charged with killing his ex-girlfriend’s dog, on May 29.

Because it was established that the dog bit Shembo first, the charges were reduced. He pleaded to a misdemeanor and a $1,000 fine, according to Adisa Bakari, his Washington, D.C.-based agent.

“Now that this matter is settled,” Bakari said. “We are excited to see if he can resume his career in the NFL.”

Gwinnett County’s district attorney’s web site shows that the case has been disposed without appeal.

In recent weeks, he’s been working out at the L.A. Fitness in Buford in order to stay in shape.

(attorney Jerry) Froelich said Shembo owns a dog and has never hurt it...

“Pretty much it was an unfortunate event,” Shembo told reporters after being drafted. “My name was pretty much cleared. It’s behind me now. I just want to focus on playing football for the Atlanta Falcons.”

That's pretty specific, Prince. Although I'm not sure that the Jets will come calling...

~lw3

• Like 1