• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenneth Faried

TheFuzz

I love this guy, and he's constantly involved in trade rumors. He boards, plays help D, finishes with huge dunks and plays hard AND smart. Fluid athlete and good ballhandler, so I think he could pass and develop a better midrange. Plus he's young and could play alongside either Horford or Millsap and could probably allow Sap to play the 3 in spurts since they all have such good footspeed.

Starting next season he's on a 4 yr $11M per deal, which would coincide with the length of Sap's deal.

What would it take to bring Faried into an Atlanta uniform?

After resigning Carroll for $10M...

Would Mack/Scott/#15/Cap get it done? Would you deal Schröder for him?

Interesting.

Although I didn't like what I heard after he signed his contract. He was leader of the pack that quit on Shaw, he stopped playing the way he did that got him that contract. He became a Diva thinking it was all about him and wanted the offense run through him.

The all out hustle wasn't there.

Not interested in trading Dennis.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

JayBird's right, Fuzz... Faried was widely reported to be the attitude problem in Denver last season. Not to mention, I know I read direct quotes that seemed at the time to affirm those reports pretty clearly. While we do have the kind of guys who have created a winning culture through their attitude and a culture that could probably overcome one problem child, personally, my interest would extend only to a player who I perceived to be a Dennis Rodman-level difference maker. Faried? Border line in that respect. I'm not instantly convinced.

Hm. Hadn't heard he was at the root of that stuff. Disappointing. Having said that, love the way he plays.

That's just it, he changed the way he played - can he get back to what got him paid?

That's just it, he changed the way he played - can he get back to what got him paid?

Nope, he's big time now after all the hype from the contract and the USA basketball stuff. Just ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you.

I want no parts of those DEN quitters. None of 'em.

I think it'd be nice to have him if he wants to be here. There are two sides to every story. If he truly wanted to be here I would give him a shot for Scott Mack and our second round pick. Wouldn't want to give up number 15. I really think we need to draft a scorer at 15.

• Premium Member

I love the way he playED. We need a guy like him, just not him...lol

Is Taj Gibson enough like him?

If the conjecture by Bulls writers is accurate, I'm really intrigued.

Is Taj Gibson enough like him?

If the conjecture by Bulls writers is accurate, I'm really intrigued.

I love Taj a lot as well. If I'm not mistaken he was drafted later than expected because he was 23 or 24 years old coming out of college. He seems to surround every board, I love that. He is a warrior, I'd love to have him aboard for sure if the price is right.

I love Taj a lot as well. If I'm not mistaken he was drafted later than expected because he was 23 or 24 years old coming out of college. He seems to surround every board, I love that. He is a warrior, I'd love to have him aboard for sure if the price is right.

He's gotta be the odd man out with Gasol, Noah, Mirotic and McDermott there.  He's certainly a better option than Ed Davis who's supposedly asking for $7-10mil per.  WTF is he smoking?

• 1 year later...

He's on the block again. (I have previously voiced my ambivalence)

Can Bud to anything with him? Increase his shooting range, etc. Turn him into a knock off Millsap?

If Edy plays well enough (yes I'm basing this on his one game sample preseason game)  and Bud determines he's ready for the backup role - Splitter becomes expendable.

Splitter and THJr (Nuggs lost their SG for 6-8 weeks)  for Faried.  

Right now trading Dennis makes no sense. Whether we know what we have with him or not he is our best bet right now and wants to be a Hawk. Loyalty would be a big question with the other end of that potential trade. 

You're better than this, JB.  Faried is not a winning player in this league anymore.  Budz is no miracle worker and, quiet as it's kept, there could be some question as to what role the departed assistants played in our whole development thang.

Can we just concentrate on trading Sap for Jimi Butler/Gibson?  Mmkaythanx

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Right now trading Dennis makes no sense. Whether we know what we have with him or not he is our best bet right now and wants to be a Hawk. Loyalty would be a big question with the other end of that potential trade. 

@Thomas....Dennis???

This isn't @kg01 thread about trading Dennis for Dragic, you're better than this kgimp.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Thomas....Dennis???

This isn't @kg01 thread about trading Dennis for Dragic, you're better than this kgimp.

whatever

I did not suggest that trade (technically).  I merely wanted to explore the notion that Dragic will be traded this season.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with anything, but..............

giphy.gif

Bird you should be bannt and sent to counseling for posting that.