• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Measurement wish

I wish there was a tool to measure heart. I'm tired of seeing stats on height, weight, wingspan, vertical leap, etc. Tell me how much heart and desire in a prospect. I don't care if he runs the floor like a deer/gazelle. Tell me that all he cares about is his teammates and about winning. Someone who has his teammates back and is great in the locker room. A lot of prospects have many similar physical stats, I wish we could see what they are made of on the inside as well.

Like JYD

YES...

And Larry Bird, John Stockton, Dennis Rodman, Robert Parish, etc.

These guy combine numbers wouldn't be off the charts but their desire is second to none. I want a guy like this for us.

Mario Hezonja's heart is one of the biggest I have ever seen. That's why I love him.

He really reminds me of Drazen Petro fuel rip...like a lot.

90% of the guys that will go drafted have never played on a team with a losing record.

True story, my oldest son went through 9 years and over 20 seasons of baseball without having a losing record. Then he went to high school and his high school team never had a winning season, it was demoralizing.

Most of these guys have never played on a team that won less than 70% of their games.  In the NBA, 70% is 57 wins, a feat only 2 teams managed this season. You will never know the true character of any of these guys until they lose enough that their egos take a serious hit. Only then will you be able to measure their heart.

Think of Al Horford and Josh Smith. Prior to coming to the Hawks, neither player ever played on a team that wasn't a championship contender. Think of how both handled it. Smith deteriorated into self pity, Bawse had to reinvent himself and truly work hard to redefine success. Losing reveals character.

• Like 2

I wish there was a tool to measure heart. I'm tired of seeing stats on height, weight, wingspan, vertical leap, etc. Tell me how much heart and desire in a prospect. I don't care if he runs the floor like a deer/gazelle. Tell me that all he cares about is his teammates and about winning. Someone who has his teammates back and is great in the locker room. A lot of prospects have many similar physical stats, I wish we could see what they are made of on the inside as well.

The tool to measure heart is the good ole eye ball test. You have to watch the games to know.