• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Orlando looking to trade back from #5 pick

Unwilling to take any option off the table, the Orlando Magic are entertaining the possibility of trading down in Thursday’s NBA Draft. “I would say we’ve talked to at least a half-dozen teams about it,” Magic general manager Rob Hennigan told the Orlando Sentinel. “So it’s something we’re definitely considering and weighing sincerely: potentially moving back.”

Draft, Trade, Orlando Magic

what do we offer?

Unwilling to take any option off the table, the Orlando Magic are entertaining the possibility of trading down in Thursday’s NBA Draft. “I would say we’ve talked to at least a half-dozen teams about it,” Magic general manager Rob Hennigan told the Orlando Sentinel. “So it’s something we’re definitely considering and weighing sincerely: potentially moving back.”

Draft, Trade, Orlando Magic

what do we offer?

I don't think they would do business with us since we are in the same division..

Unwilling to take any option off the table, the Orlando Magic are entertaining the possibility of trading down in Thursday’s NBA Draft. “I would say we’ve talked to at least a half-dozen teams about it,” Magic general manager Rob Hennigan told the Orlando Sentinel. “So it’s something we’re definitely considering and weighing sincerely: potentially moving back.”

Draft, Trade, Orlando Magic

what do we offer?

IF they make a deal with us, which I doubt, I'd put Scott, Mack on the table but honestly that won't even get us to the 12th pick much less the 5th. I'd rather keep our core.

We literally have no one to trade for the pick. They already have the PG position locked for the next 10+ years in Payton so it wouldn't make sense to give them Teague, and there's no way I would give them Horford unless they threw in Oladipo or Vucevic.

IF they make a deal with us, which I doubt, I'd put Scott, Mack on the table but honestly that won't even get us to the 12th pick much less the 5th. I'd rather keep our core.

So you're saying you love our core, Rick Sund?

You're right though.  We're oddly low on trade assets.  I think Mack is our best piece but all the teams that need him don't really have anything we'd want in return.  

You're right though. We're oddly low on trade assets. I think Mack is our best piece but all the teams that need him don't really have anything we'd want in return.

We won 60 games and made the ECF. I don't think we need a major overhaul. I love our core. We need minor tweaks. I know it's not sexy but it is what it is.

You're right though. We're oddly low on trade assets. I think Mack is our best piece but all the teams that need him don't really have anything we'd want in return.

We won 60 games and made the ECF. I don't think we need a major overhaul. I love our core. We need minor tweaks. I know it's not sexy but it is what it is.

If we expect to sit back on our laurels and fall back into the ECF we're in for a rude awakening.

I'm not looking for sexy necessarily, but some moves are in order.  Which is probably why I don't want us drafting some 3-years-away guy.  I don't think we can just count on 'organic' growth that the prior regime relied on.  If you're not getting better you're getting worse.

If we expect to sit back on our laurels and fall back into the ECF we're in for a rude awakening.

I'm not looking for sexy necessarily, but some moves are in order. Which is probably why I don't want us drafting some 3-years-away guy. I don't think we can just count on 'organic' growth that the prior regime relied on. If you're not getting better you're getting worse.

I'm not saying sit back, just saying I like our core, top 7 or 8 guys. We should strengthen the bench, and get a ready college player who can contribute this season and take another shot at it. Now if we lose DMC to free agency, obviously we would need to get in on Jimmy Butler or Danny Green or another significant piece, but if we get both our free agents back then minor changes in my opinion.

I'm not saying sit back, just saying I like our core, top 7 or 8 guys. We should strengthen the bench, and get a ready college player who can contribute this season and take another shot at it. Now if we lose DMC to free agency, obviously we would need to get in on Jimmy Butler or Danny Green or another significant piece, but if we get both our free agents back then minor changes in my opinion.

Hmmm, I think I agree with you pretty much.  I guess deep down I think we lose one of them.  Still, I think we should explore upgrades wherever possible and we need to key on ready draft prospects as you said.

Not sure I agree on Danny Granger though.  He's a shell of a shell of his former self.  Plus I'm pretty sure I read he opted into his deal somewhere.

Hmmm, I think I agree with you pretty much. I guess deep down I think we lose one of them. Still, I think we should explore upgrades wherever possible and we need to key on ready draft prospects as you said.

Not sure I agree on Danny Granger though. He's a shell of a shell of his former self. Plus I'm pretty sure I read he opted into his deal somewhere.

Hmmm I think he's gone from Spurs for sure...well not for sure but I just feel he might leave.

Hmmm I think he's gone from Spurs for sure...well not for sure but I just feel he might leave.

Oh, you meant Danny Green?  I'm with you now.  He's not coming here.  Why would he?  He's sitting pretty with the Spurs.

Oh, you meant Danny Green? I'm with you now. He's not coming here. Why would he? He's sitting pretty with the Spurs.

Weird feeling he might bolt.