• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud vs. Ferry....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I get the feeling that some of our players were really Ferry guys and Bud just lived with them.  Let me give an example..

Payne.  I believe that Payne was a Ferry pick simply because of how we traded him.

Brand.  A dukie.  Probably another Ferry pick.  I believe that Bud brought him in but it's funny that in the playoffs, we never used Brand.

Even Dennis.  I think that Bud was made to use Dennis his first year and eventually sent him to the bench.  I think that Dennis and Bud came to a better understanding last year.  But in the Cavs series, there was definitely a time that Dennis found Bud's doghouse again.

I think as Pres an part of BudCox, you will see us bring in players more to Bud's liking. As I am hearing stories out of San Antonio, I really believe that at the end of next season, Bud will be hoisting both the coach of the year and the executive of the year award.  (unless they give it to Lebron).

From day one, BudenFerry said they worked in tandem on player acquisitions and roster development.  I believe that Bud had just as much say in the Payne pick as Ferry. 

I agree. They worked in tandem. Now we are gonna see if Bud knows what HE is doing........

Diesel may be onto something... Someone recently tweeted that previous management was more fond of Monroe than the current one. Remember that we reportedly explored trade options for Monroe last off season, but we have shown no interest this off-season so far...

I think it was a synergy.  Ferry got the right mix, given the cap space and other constraints, Bud moved them up to their best potential or gave them the chance.  Bud got rid of the ones that didn't get where they needed to be.  Interesting though that the biggest problem we may have now is that unlike when Ferry came to town, we don't have a single bad contract to dump for cap space or whatever.  Ferry did have a lot more room to work with.  

Edited by Randy