Well that was pretty much expected

Alex

"Biggest off season in Hawks history."

Added Tim Hardaway Jr and Tiago Splitter. Lost Demarre Carroll.

Glad our front office and ownership aren't serious about winning. I never had my hopes up, but some of you did and it sucks that the Hawks will never turn the corner.

• Like 1

"Biggest off season in Hawks history."

Added Tim Hardaway Jr and Tiago Splitter. Lost Demarre Carroll.

Glad our front office and ownership aren't serious about winning. I never had my hopes up, but some of you did and it sucks that the Hawks will never turn the corner.

This was actually a good beginning to the offseason....the season doesn't start until the fall... 

We got a big man that can be physical and help rebound, a SG that was on the all rookie team just a year ago, with basically no coaching whatsoever....Once he gets in Bud System, i expect him to improve and compete for our starting SG position...

I hate to pay that much for Milsap, but the Salary Cap will raise next year due to the revenue sharing, we will not be strapped after nexte season anyway.....Now if we can also get Tobias Harris then I think we are back to ECF and things will be different.

GO HAWKS 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From a fellow Michigander, I don't know how you are so miserable during the summer. I can't even see your post but be happy man..winter is coming.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

So many butt hurt people.

Not butt hurt at all. I have been saying this entire time that nobody would sign here. The Budcox crap parade was filling fans heads with some idea that the Hawks were relevant. I knew this was going to happen.

Not butt hurt at all. I have been saying this entire time that nobody would sign here. The Budcox crap parade was filling fans heads with some idea that the Hawks were relevant. I knew this was going to happen.

We will have to earn being a free agent destination and one season wasn't enough.

• Like 1

Butthurt4lyfe

• Like 3

Alex are you always so negative? Why was demarre so great? Because he gave effort? He scored 15 a game and played good defense. Hell, if Baze played as many minutes as demarre I think he could put up similar numbers. I don't know how our team that got to the ECF has gotten any worse in anyone's eyes. I just don't see it. Most likely we add a pretty good center that plays both ways, we add a SG that has talent and will probably flourish in our system, and we'll most likely bring back everyone else except demarre. I mean if we add one other meaningful bench player I think we've really upgraded our team. I just really don't understand what everyone saw in demarre. He's a slightly, and I mean slightly better player than Thabo, and I think everyone will see that this year when he plays for an average team with an average coach. His percentages will drop considerably and we'll all be saying "wow, glad we didn't pay 15 million per for that"

• Like 4

I am not negative. I call it like it is. The Hawks will always be an after thought. They aren't serious about winning. They signed nobody in free agency. This team might is taking a step back in the wrong direction. While it may not be a huge step, it's a step in the opposite direction of what legit teams strive to do. Bottom line is that this team isn't getting better.

• Like 1

I am not negative. I call it like it is. The Hawks will always be an after thought. They aren't serious about winning. They signed nobody in free agency. This team might is taking a step back in the wrong direction. While it may not be a huge step, it's a step in the opposite direction of what legit teams strive to do. Bottom line is that this team isn't getting better.

what major moves did we need to make though? We got to the ECF and it was our teams 2nd year together. We have slowly checked off our needs. We added a player that has the ability to score on his own either off the bench or possibly in a starting role, we added a big man that plays well on both ends who can defend the rim and rebound, and unless we don't resign Milsap, we bring back 3.5 all stars (Kyle .5) and a better bench. I imagine if we resign Milsap that we will trade Scott or Mack, or both, and sign a veteran pg to the MLE, and try to come up with 5-7 million in cap space to then go after a solid 3&D guy to start or come off the bench and play 20+ minutes with Thabo and Baze (who will be our next Carroll btw). So in all we will end up better, at least in the playoffs in my opinion. We weren't going to add those huge name free agents, because we simply didn't need to bring in a star, which could change our chemistry a lot, when we just got to the ECF. So everyone, for the love of Hawks Basketball, please calm down.

If the Hawks are fine with never actually competing for an NBA finals then sure this off season is great. This roster will not win a game against Cleveland if they are fortunate enough to meet them in the playoffs again. I guess it's an improvement though. Battling for the 7-8 seed years ago and now they will be vying for homecourt in a series, with no chance of winning the east.

It's been literally less than ONE day into free agency. I'm sorry if you thought LeBron was gonna fall into our laps over night
  • Like 4