• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well that was pretty much expected

Alex

And who are the teams making y'all so jealous? Lol the teams with "meetings" like the lakers, Suns, Spurs, or any other team that probably NEEDS meetings to just try to convince someone to help them keep from declining further? Lol

• Like 3

Lakers were the second pick in the draft and the Hawks won 60 games. Not a single free agent wastes their time with Atlanta.

Lakers were the second pick in the draft and the Hawks won 60 games. Not a single free agent wastes their time with Atlanta.

Because the Lakers have brought in such great players with their meetings the past 3 years...
  • Like 2

With no cap room to speak of and not being able to spend on non Hawks players to go over the cap means the team is done.

Let's see: Didn't offer DMC a ridiculous $15mil/year (more than Steph Curry and Al Horford) contract. Re-signed Sap to a very reasonable 3yrs/$58mil deal. 

Im not trying to say much other than the sheer hypocrisy posted in these two sentences. 

Sign one player for a lot? Bad idea. 

Sign the other player for a lot? Great idea. 

Edited by Afro

I used to think Hotlanta was the most negative poster on this site but Alex has surpassed him. Hell that's me talking and people have accused me of being a crotchety old man for years.

@Sothron They're negative, you're crotchety...biiig difference. You've had a rough few weeks haven't you - 1st the Unis now FAcy

• Premium Member

@Sothron They're negative, you're crotchety...biiig difference. You've had a rough few weeks haven't you - 1st the Unis now FAcy

If I can share some personal info, it has been even more rough.

The serious: my wife's best friend attempted suicide, thankfully 60 Xanax didn't kill her and she is recovering and is no longer suicidal.

The other: I hate change in general and this year a lot of my most passionate nerdy things I'm into are being completely changed: DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Star Wars ditching the Expanded Universe and lastly but the one that hurts the most: Warhammer fantasy completely chucking its 30 plus year setting and game for a new one.

Starting back in March with my favorite uncle dying and my wife surviving a cancer scare this year has been kinda crappy to be honest.

• Like 4

The serious: my wife's best friend attempted suicide, thankfully 60 Xanax didn't kill her and she is recovering and is no longer suicidal.

The other: I hate change in general and this year a lot of my most passionate nerdy things I'm into are being completely changed: DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Star Wars ditching the Expanded Universe and lastly but the one that hurts the most: Warhammer fantasy completely chucking its 30 plus year setting and game for a new one.

Starting back in March with my favorite uncle dying and my wife surviving a cancer scare this year has been kinda crappy to be honest.

Wow, that's rough. Prayers to you.

Good thing you have us Squawkers.

• Premium Member

Wow, that's rough. Prayers to you.

Good thing you have us Squawkers.

Thank you for the prayers, they are at times the only thing that has gotten us through all of this. and yes, the squawk is a refuge...

• Like 3

Prayers with you man.

Now I feel like a d*ck calling your Wolves shitty...:-( Sorry.

• Premium Member

Prayers with you man.

heh its ok, they now have a good young core with a GM that isn't a complete moron . If they stay healthy they will be lethal in 2-3 years.

heh its ok, they now have a good young core with a GM that isn't a complete moron . If they stay healthy they will be lethal in 2-3 years.

Not too lethal, just good enough to squeak in the playoffs and give the Hawks their pick. They can become a dynasty after that for all I care.

Well I'm sure the majority of Hawks fans can see we improved. We swapped Demarre, Pero, and our first for Paul, Tiago, and THJ. I mean to me that's a solid improvement. Allstar power forward for a solid 3 and D effort guy that isn't worth the money he got at all. A real center who is younger than Pero for a guy who was being phased out for Moose anyway. And a high ceiling guy who should contribute solid scoring for a draft pick that is basically a wildcard who would almost certainly not see much time in the next few years. Yep sounds better to me. Teague, Korver, Millsap, Al, and Dennis keep the same roles while Thabo steps up to starting role while Bazemore and THJ provide good wing depth. Tiago takes Peros minutes and, at least to me, we look much better on paper than we did last year

Prayers with you man.

Nah, you're just a d*ck in general. New nickname alert for Spud, General D*ck. Oh crap, am I suspended for name calling now?

On a serious note, prayers go out to you and yours, @Sothron. You're one of my favorite posters on this site.